Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    well there you are, it wasn't the alternator...shows you what I know.

I love an easy cheap fix. Glad that's all it was and you figured it out before you bought a bunch of parts.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

Excellent. Glad it turned out to be a free fix

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Makes sense the way it was draining/not starting. Specifically, what connections did you address?

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Yeah, I'm very happy it didn't cost any money, just some time and frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Makes sense the way it was draining/not starting. Specifically, what connections did you address?

I took the connections off the battery and alternator and also the main ground wire.

Quote Originally Posted by pghZHP View Post
    I took the connections off the battery and alternator and also the main ground wire.
    Thanks. Good deal.

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I was just gonna say connection issue! (Had the same problem a week or two ago )

Sent from my iPhone

Glad to hear it was a cheap fix!. My money would be on one of the battery posts that wasn't making good contact. I've seen vehicles where the battery/clamps look perfect yet there was one or the other connection not making good, reliable contact.

It sounds to me like if we are having an alternator problem the red battery light should be lit on the dash. If the light isn't on it's probably something else.

Here's a good thread about it on M3forums......

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=157574

Glad to hear it was an easy fix. After reading through the thread, I'm reminded of a similar issue I had with another car. What I thought was a loose connection ended up being a cable that was broken internally.

Just wanted to offer that in case someone ends up having a similar issue.

Sent from my NEC Terrain using Tapatalk 4

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123