Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Coupe headlights restore options

Hello fellas,

So I'm starting to see that my 2005 zhp coupe headlights could probably use a bit of re-finish. I tried looking into lens replacement and was disappointed to find that that there are no lens-only replacements, as it takes the entire housing. At $900/side, it's clearly not an option. I tried to use the 3M headlight lens restoration kit over the weekend but it did not really produce the desired results. It is as if the AL lenses are made of tougher material. Before I start looking into something more drastic, I wanted to see if anyone here has solved this problem or what your suggestions would be.

Cheerios
    Call me Giya (sounds just like Karmann Ghia) | '05 ZHP Coupé AT - Sparkling Graphite Metallic | Project thread

Wear Italian, Kiss French, Drink Russian, Drive German

What I have done before in the past is take the headlights to a body shop. Local place where I live does restoration which includes sanding the headlights and then spraying clear coat on them.

I had done this before to headlights and tinted even the tails on my previous cars.

Great call there, Vas. Do you recall how much it cost you to refinish the headlights?
    Call me Giya (sounds just like Karmann Ghia) | '05 ZHP Coupé AT - Sparkling Graphite Metallic | Project thread

Place I have used is $50 a light. 2 coats of clear just to prevent against rock chips.

It might be different in the norther California though. But alot of body shops starting doing this to generate more revenue so I would ask around.

My local shop quoted my ~$150/light. But since I have a sedan, it's cheaper to go with replacement lenses from khoalty, etc.

$150/light? that's just greedy.

Maybe it was $150/pair, I wasn't really listening as I knew I could get them for ~$80/pair.

Called a local shop and got quoted $75/pair. Sounds reasonable.

Not a bad price. Have they done it before?

Yeah, he appears to have been doing it for the past 4 years. I read all his reviews on yelp and they look impressive. I gave the dude a call a spoke for good 10 minutes. He explained what he does and it's obvious that his approach is different to that of the DYI kits. Moreover, he guarantees his work and provides 2-year warranty. No red flags thus far.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast