Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for sway bars

I purchased Hotchkis H-Sport Front and Rear Adjustable Sway Bars and Endlinks online, but they returned my money because they didnt have any available. Anyone one know any other brand that are just as good? ive seen turners and UUCs but im not sure havent heard anything of them.. any thoughts guys? I wanted the best so I went with Hotchkis..
    Photobucket

I bet TMS is a fine product. Link?

I mean... All it is, is a hunk of steel. Pretty hard to mess up as long as diameter is a bit beefier than stock.

Don't get all metallurgical on me fella's. I know...

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

lol tato Dane! whens the next meet btw i want to go
    Photobucket

I've heard great things about both Turner and UUC. Maybe Bav Auto brand and the Eibach rear are not adjustable? As Dane said, stiffer bars are stiffer bars. The only differences I've seen are...
    1) Weight--hollow vs. solid
    2) Bushings--Squeakalicious polyurethane (grease periodically) or teflon/poly blend (Turner or H&R)
    3) Adjustable end-links, included or not? More important for rear to prevent it from hitting control arm or half shaft
    4) Color, price, how many adjustment holes, and how many window stickers they include

Oh there is the Ground Control E46 M3 bar: hollow, available in two thicknesses, infinite adjustment settings, and very expensive. Front bar fits E46 330, rear bar fits M3 only.

Maybe the shape of the ends on the rear bar might influence how much clearance it has between half shaft and lower control arm. I only replaced my front bar so don't know from personal experience, but have seen photos of people having clearance problems with after market rear bars.

That would be the more technical explanation to what what I said.

Nice assist LNASC

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Er yes, Dane, elegant wordsmith!

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    Er yes, Dane, elegant wordsmith!

LOveZHP, who was out of stock on the bars? You could try BimmerWorld or BavAuto for Hotchkis, about $500
    BavAuto has a set for only $280 but it's not adjustable. UUC sells a set for $350. Be warned that standard poly bushings are reputed to squeak if not greased periodically.

BavAuto also sells a Racing Dyanamics set, $450 for the set. Might come in bright green!

It says 'Add to cart' on Hotchkis' website:

http://www.hotchkis.net/bmw_e46_sport_sway_bars.html

If not, they have a ton of dealers:

http://www.hotchkis.net/dealer_list.html

Thats if you're dead-set on Hotchkis. I love mine, but I'm sure Turner's are top-notch.

Turner is pretty good. Endlinks are optional on the Turner set. I believe H&R created the set for Turner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast