Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by baz11 View Post
    Got my v2.5's in yesterday (fast shipping!), and started installing them today in between thanksgiving festivities… the 6k grow on you, and I think i will be keeping them as is. I'm going to wire in a dimmer tomorrow and then will post pics and a review so I can stop hi-jacking this thread. Long term I'm planning on integrating rear fog switch on a euro LCM.
    No hijacking there, cant wait to see them with the dimmer. How is the night controller on the 2.5s?

Can't wait to see them.

I got mine earlier this week. Will not be installing until after Christmas as they are a present for my 21 YO.

Quote Originally Posted by QC_ZHP View Post
    No hijacking there, cant wait to see them with the dimmer. How is the night controller on the 2.5s?
    no night controller on the v2.5's… not exactly sure why. I wired in a rheostat per e46fanatics tutorial, which works great. It shouldn't be much harder to control rheostat based off of the xenons coming on, but I'm going to leave as is for now. I would say extra $40 for the night controller is a little steep.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Can't wait to see them.

I got mine earlier this week. Will not be installing until after Christmas as they are a present for my 21 YO.
    Nice! I will be excited to see them on a sedan. After installing my 6k, I think either 4.3k or 6k would look good on these cars. IMO the 6k v2.5 does definitely not look too "Aftermarket" or "JDM TUNERZ YO".

Quote Originally Posted by baz11 View Post
    After installing my 6k, I think either 4.3k or 6k would look good on these cars. IMO the 6k v2.5 does definitely not look too "Aftermarket" or "JDM TUNERZ YO".
    Good to hear. Glad you are happy with them.

Quote Originally Posted by QC_ZHP View Post
    Alright after a bit of research on angel eyes, I think I'm going to go with the 6000k Orion V2's. I'm worried about them being a bit too bright/blueish for my taste so after some googling, I found someone who wired a dimmer to the angel eyes to tone them down. (here). I also wouldn't mind having the angel eyes triggered by an on/off switch, because I'd like to have more of a stock look during the day time.

So this brings me to my idea. Electrical work isn't my strong point, so I apologize for any naive questions I throw out there. According to this thread, the LCM & LKM faceplates are interchangeable. Is it possible to wire a set of angel eyes into the rear fog switch? I believe face-lift cars aren't pre-configured for rear fogs, so would I have wire them directly to this switch?

And getting further into this, since there are different types of LKM faceplates ( 1 and 2 ), is it possible to wire the dimmer into the second dial switch (leveling?) on the LKM?

Hopefully I was clear enough with this and didn't sound too much like a rookie, but I haven't seen the back of these switches yet so I'm not sure what I'd be up against. I'm curious if I'd be able to do this through the actual LCM module using the LKM switch or if I can still achieve this through hard wiring the switches. I know this may seem like overkill but who doesn't enjoy extra control with an OEM look?
    I decided to purchase the LKM for this today. Would anyone be able to provide any insight how the LKM manual leveling works? I'm assuming it controls a motor in the headlight, so what kind of signal would the dial send out when adjusting? I'll be tapping the angel eyes into the rear fog light button, I'd like to wire a dimmer/rheostat using the dial on the LKM.

Boom. Hopefully I can get the multimeter on the LKM over the holidays and see how I can get the adjustment to work as a dimmer. Can't wait to be able to see at night, burnt bowls ftl

Looking forward to the work.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    In the market for an E90 M3

Nice!! looks like that will be a fun project. Make sure you post a lot of pics

After a few weeks of driving with the AE's, I can't see myself wanting to adjust the brightness much, other than dimming them slightly when the xenons turn on (night-controller-esque). But being able to adjust dimness via the LCM would be a nice option nonetheless!

any updates on the install?

Had some friends visiting so my weekend got pretty busy.

Does anybody have a LCM pinout diagram? Perhaps its maybe in the Bentley? I haven't had any luck in my search finding it. I know the rear fogs are pin 49, but I'd like to know which pinout goes to the leveling dial. I'm not even sure if it will be active if the LCM is coded for my Xenons, since my auto-leveling still works properly with the coded euro LCM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast