Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    So I think from what I've read, facelift cars aren't preconfigured for rear fog lights, so I'm assuming I won't have the purple striped wire in my LCM harness, right? If I were to get an LKM switch plate, will the rear fog switch power anything? Just wondering if anyone can add some insight to that.

On a side note, is everyone going with 4300k xenons with 6000k angel eyes?

Personal preference. The 6K's are more blueish... I went the other way.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by QC_ZHP View Post
    So I think from what I've read, facelift cars aren't preconfigured for rear fog lights, so I'm assuming I won't have the purple striped wire in my LCM harness, right? If I were to get an LKM switch plate, will the rear fog switch power anything? Just wondering if anyone can add some insight to that.

On a side note, is everyone going with 4300k xenons with 6000k angel eyes?
    Without recoding the LCM, all the switch will do is turn on the rear fog indicator in the cluster. Nothing will light up.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Personal preference. The 6K's are more blueish... I went the other way.
    So you like the 4300s? I'm not sure which way to go.

Standard on Driver's Side - 4300K OE | Standard 6000K Color on Passenger Side (Source: http://www.umnitza.com/predator-orio...te-p-1198.html)

Tough call, they both look good. To me, the blue is more subtle, and slightly more "current". My personal preference is the 4300. Do you know what bulbs are in your headlights (as maybe the PO put in a different color). Not that that s/b the final decision as those are easily changed.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    Without recoding the LCM, all the switch will do is turn on the rear fog indicator in the cluster. Nothing will light up.
    Ok thanks. I was just curious if any wire would get hot once the switch was on.

I'm leaning toward 6000k angel eyes, but not sure how they'll mesh with the 4300k bulbs.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Tough call, they both look good. To me, the blue is more subtle, and slightly more "current". My personal preference is the 4300. Do you know what bulbs are in your headlights (as maybe the PO put in a different color). Not that that s/b the final decision as those are easily changed.
    -Sorry :-)

I'm running Halogens and I think they are Silver Star H7 ~4000 so the 4300 might make more sense. But now that I remember, these would be for my son's sedan that is on Xenons.

Quote Originally Posted by QC_ZHP View Post
    Ok thanks. I was just curious if any wire would get hot once the switch was on.

I'm leaning toward 6000k angel eyes, but not sure how they'll mesh with the 4300k bulbs.
    QC, that's what I WAS thinking. Now you guys have me thinking 4300k V2 vice V4.

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post

QC, that's what I WAS thinking. Now you guys have me thinking 4300k V2 vice V4.
    Lol , maybe I'll let you be the guinea pig! With no headlights, the 6000k's have more of a modern look to me. TomTomTuning did the 6000k angel eyes and 6000k xenons, and i thought it looked great. I've just heard w/ 6000k's that visibility suffers and the main reason I'm doing all this lighting work is to SEE.

Decisions.Decisions. Still another week or 2 to make the call (assuming Umnitza is having a black friday/cyber monday sale).

Just a heads up guys, Umnitza's sale starts tomorrow.

http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...6#post27081336

Orion V2 6000K X 5 Kits - $120 SHIPPED
    Does this mean it has to be 5 kits? I may be over thinking it.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast