Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Your car has a great stance dane. Money.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

I think the size of Dane's picture is the perfect size for a sig.
    2004 Black Saphire Metallic 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    Your car has a great stance dane. Money.
    About right for DD. You can bet it will be coming down for the meet though.

Quote Originally Posted by romanred62 View Post
    I think the size of Dane's picture is the perfect size for a sig.
    Thanks Roman.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Your dd is lower than my dd already! Your gonna be rubbing at the meet!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Its like the road is 80% of my sig pic.....so..I had to make it so small to see it.

This is perfect size...

Dane, show me what 600x250 would look like.

Come on guys...this is AMERICA! Bigger is better! Our big gulps are the size of a damn feeding trough and we have people dding pseudo semi-trucks. What size is a computer screen...that's my vote on how big the signatures should be.

In all seriousness though - I'd take a little bigger, but it won't drive me away from the site.

I like the current size when not on forum runner big sigs on other forums can be too much
    Last edited by Jon D; 02-15-2011 at 12:28 PM.
    Jon D -- 04 330cic Imola Red ZHP Vert -- Active Autowerke Exhaust, Software remap & Strut Bar, K&N filter, custom stereo[Alpine head unit (CDA105) w/Sirius Radio, Iphone integration & Alpine amp (PDX-5), Hertz speakers (165.3 F, 130.3R), JL Sub(CS110RG -W 1v2)], Color match grills, tint all around for when the tops up, custom painted 135s

Other Cars
    2014 Audi SQ5 2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain

600 x 250

I would rather have a 650 x 200 limit....if we're talking total footprint.

650 x 200

Last edited by danewilson77; 02-15-2011 at 04:14 AM.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Coming from a graphic design background that I've been in for just under a decade, the subject of this discussion should not be the physical size of signatures for loading time but the bandwidth/file size that the banner takes. I can easily make a picture that is small in size but surpass the file size in an optimized picture 4 times bigger.

An easy web-based picture resizer and file size optimizer is here:
    http://www.webresizer.com/resizer/

I believe if you use that and drop the "Image Quality" part of that site to the lowest you feel comfortable without seeing significant loss in quality, the servers and hosts will have a much happier time! With settings 40-50, your file size will be up to 75% smaller. This way this gives the user a more free way to express their picture with little impact on bandwidth requirements.
    --Trevor--
    Vancouver, BC

Trevor, thanks for the link.

At this point, we think the server can handle the file size. What we've heard in the past is that signatures are too large, which makes it distracting to those browsing the site. Previously, when we were on a different server, file size was my main concern. Today, my main concern is signature-size distraction.

I'm thinking that 650x200 gives people a lot of freedom; it also keeps the height of the signature to manageable levels.

I like that link you posted. That should help everyone out.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast