Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

DICE iPod adapter experience

Hey guys - I picked up a Dice Silverline Duo to get iPod use w/ my OEM navigation. I pulled the trunk lining, and plugged the main cable into the CD changer connector. Routed it behind the back seats, under the door sills and up the kick plate to the glove box. I plugged the Dice unit into the cable and put it in one of the cubbies behind the glove box. Next I plugged the ipod connecting cable in and routed it down the glove box, just behind the air duct and tucked the remaining cable in between the the trim for the center console. It become visible next to the rear cupholder.

At any rate... I read the manual, set the dip switches properly and followed the synching process to a T.

So far, I have had no problems whatsoever with it locking up or needing a reboot, etc. I was very hesitant to add it to my ZHP because of all the mixed reviews on the unit.

Having used it for about a week, I recommended it with the following caveat - follow the initial power up and synch process as stated in the manual... It's meeting my needs nicely.
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

Nice! Mine works just fine too. Have had it for 2+ years. Once in a blue moon I have to "reboot" it.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Nearly 3 months later - it's safe to say that from my experience the Dice Silverline DUO is a piece of shit. Luckily the place I got it has a 90 day return policy. They can keep it.

Fried...
    ------

Quote Originally Posted by SoarinZHP View Post
    Nearly 3 months later - it's safe to say that from my experience the Dice Silverline DUO is a piece of shit. Luckily the place I got it has a 90 day return policy. They can keep it.

Fried...
    My experience was very similar. Minus the happy ending of returning the unit. Should have just burned the money; at least I would have enjoyed the warmth.

Today was the big day to pull the DICE unit from the car. Disassemble the trunk liner, pull the cables from the changer connections and pull up the routing to the front of the car. When I got to the front of the car, I decided to check the fuses for S&G's - thinking a fuse might have blown when things wigged out. Nope. All fuses are a-ok. I continued pulling the glove box out and the rest of the cable leading to the connection point in the car - I ripped the piece of crap out and will be returning it later today. DICE should be ashamed of themselves for producing such garbage with promise.

While I had everything pulled apart I thought I'd check the connections on the antenna amplifier in the c-pillar. Everything looked ok but I pulled the connectors and cables to reseat them. Let me preface this by saying FM reception has always sucked in my car. I get back to the front of the car and turn on the radio. For the first time in my ZHP's life the seek button works and will actually stop at the next station. I am amazed....
    ------

Nice to have that reception back, I had the same thing happen with AM on mine. Too bad the Dice didn't work for you, I guess it's really hit or miss with those.

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors

Now it's going to be interesting trying to find something else - I have the BMW Nav system... So...
    ------

Try a grom unit. I just wired mine up yesterday and it works great.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

I've heard good things about USA-spec, but I've never looked into them so I don't know if it works w/Nav.

I have a USA Spec in my X3. It worked wonderfully until some scum broke into my car and cut the iPod docking wire to seal my iPod. For whatever reason, the new wires I purchased from USA Spec will not charge it now, but other than that, it works fine. I navigate playlists and artists using the iPod controls, but you can use the steering wheel buttons to skip tracks and change volume. Two thumbs up.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast