Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

25% of all purchases AND free shipping NO minimum on Autogeek

Yep - what the title said.
    No minimum really makes a difference...
    got myself some Sonax BSD (which is not your father's quick detailer) and a Nano Skin sponge.

about Sonax BSD:
    http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=295795
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    Yep - what the title said.
    No minimum really makes a difference...
    got myself some Sonax BSD (which is not your father's quick detailer) and a Nano Skin sponge.

about Sonax BSD:
    http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=295795
    Done and done. Thanks!

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

So did anyone else read all 97 pages of that that thread on Sonax BSD that I posted the link to?
    what did you think, if you did?
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

The discount doesn't apply to the polisher bundles.

Quote Originally Posted by Washburn View Post
    So did anyone else read all 97 pages of that that thread on Sonax BSD that I posted the link to?
    what did you think, if you did?
    Didn't read it all but that and the discount made me give it a try.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

cool;
    Here's a thread I started (only 2 pages) on a different site, might give u some more of my impressions/pics and details and whatnot.:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums...3009139&page=1

Some important pointers copied from that post:

This 'qd' had no cleaning power whatsoever. On my white BMW, on the last occasion (reflections pic) SBS was applied AFTER a simple, but effective quick cleaning with Auto Finesse Citrus, and wiped dry, so the surface was already clean...
    On the other occasion (water beading) no cleaning was done immediately prior to applying Sonax to the hood, but the car has been in the garage after an ONR wash...so it none/very little dirt on it - clean surface pretty much.

On my wife's Mazda i tried it one time on a slightly dirty/dusty surface and it made a mess - did not clean the grime/dusty areas OR bird poo - felt like I was waxing more than applying a QD - the stuff is THICK too, almost milky. I stopped immediately and used AF Citrus and water to clean it - never thought to repeat Sonax on that occasion..

My other 2 QDs i had, Poorboys'QD and Meg's Ultimate QD, BOTH are able to clean such slightly dirty surfaces and give it some shine. No cleaning with Sonax though... however, the shine and depth the Sonax gives on a clean surface seems much more impressive and durable and effective at beading water than the other 2 'normal' QDs I mentioned - So I am ok with giving a quick wipe with AF Citrus and using this to get this great result...

so yeah this looks more like a quick wax/selant type of thing now...a good one though -

however, naming it a QD is rather iffy I think, as one NORMALLY expects some cleaning ability with a QD.

So I missed out on the original Black Friday discount at both Detailers Domain and AutoGeek, but I did place orders with both using other discounts. My Griot's buffer kit from AutoGeek and other detailing supplies from DD should arrive tomorrow. Excited to try machine polishing for the first time, probably clay bar the wheels, do the paint sealant. Also just ordered a Dr. ColorChip kit from AutoGeek to make my hood and bumper cover look better, plus a Stoner's glass cleaning tool, pad cleaner spray, and spray-on wax. I used the affiliate link for the 2nd AutoGeek order.

I spent a lot of time on the DD, Detailed Image, and AutoGeek.net sites reading about different products online before placing the orders--buffers, pads, sealants, waxes, wheel care, glass cleaners, hand foam applicators, etc. Hours on (Funny thing is I didn't care much about which polishes I got as long as there was one medium polish and one fine polish.) If I had to do it all over again, I should have done my homework ahead of time and placed one big order at DD to use the biggest possible Black Friday discount and get free shipping.