Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Also,

Regarding the 'remote' feature, I forgot to mention above I followed this DIY:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...yes+remote+diy

Very straightforward, no need to remove the glovebox. Just pry out the the footwell light, feed the remote wire through the rubber plug in the firewall, and splice into the red wire going to the footwell light.

Looks great. My 2.5's came in on saturday I believe so when I go home on Wednesday, I'll be installing them.

Quote Originally Posted by poke08 View Post
    Looks great. My 2.5's came in on saturday I believe so when I go home on Wednesday, I'll be installing them.
    Nice! Post up some pics when you are finished.

Here are a few more iphone-quality pics of my setup.

Definitely. I may also need to order some new lenses if I can't get them cleaned up to my standards so we'll see how everything goes.

Dat intercooler...

I never got any splice connectors with my angel eyes. Hopefully I have some laying around so I can install them tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by poke08 View Post
    I never got any splice connectors with my angel eyes. Hopefully I have some laying around so I can install them tonight.
    that's too bad. they gave me 4-5 when you should only need 2 at most. I'd think radio shack or an electronics-based store should have some for a few bucks. hope the rest of the install goes smoothly!

Nice write-up. Did I miss how you wired them to come on? Manual with the parking and/or headlights?

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Nice write-up. Did I miss how you wired them to come on? Manual with the parking and/or headlights?
    I wired them how Umnitza tells you to by splicing into the accessories +V in the engine bay. I was planning on buying another LCM and integrating the rear fog light button into on/off for angel eyes, but have since decided I don't think that's necessary. Instead I'll likely setup a similar setup to the 'night controller' to dim the AEs when the headlights are on (cheaper than the $40 they charge).

Quote Originally Posted by baz11 View Post
    I wired them how Umnitza tells you to by splicing into the accessories +V in the engine bay. I was planning on buying another LCM and integrating the button into on/off for angel eyes, but have since decided I don't think that's necessary. Instead I'll likely setup a similar setup to the 'night controller' to dim the AEs when the headlights are on (cheaper than the $40 they charge).
    So to clarify, you have to manually turn them on whenever you want them on?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast