Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cyber Monday Specials and Deals @ DetailersDomain.com

Information on our Cyber Monday Special.

1. 10% off over $50 – Promo Code Cyber10
    2. 15% off over $100 – Promo Code Cyber15
    3. 20% off over $200 – Promo Code Cyber20
    4. Flat Rate Shipping of $8.88 on all orders over $50.00 (CONUS)
    5. Free Shipping on orders over $150.00 (CONUS)
    6. Promo ends 12/2/13 Midnight PST
    7. Sorry we can’t combine these offers and won’t be able to credit any orders before this special.
    8. Orders will start shipping on 12/3/13
    9. Restrictions: Rupes and Flex Polishers

To start shopping click here

Thanks. Made a purchase today.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

thank you.

I was so close to buying a DetailersDomain buffer package last night to take advantage of the Cyber Monday deal. Question about buffer sizes... if I buy a Griot's Garage random orbital, is it better to go with the 6" or 3" one? Obviously doing the roof, hood and trunk is going to be easier with the 6", but wondering if it's easier to do the side panels with the 3" one. And if I get the 6" one (or the Porter Cable), does it matter if I'm using the 5.5" or 6.5" pads? If I get a GG package with the 5" backing plate, does it still include the Griot's 6" backing plate?

pick up the 6 inch, we ship it out with the both the 5 inch and 6 inch.

Placed and order and sent you an email.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

email sent back.

Phil, thanks. Since I missed the black Friday deal I'm not as rushed now. I'm quite new to detailing, other than watching a paint correction demo once by an expert down in San Diego (set up by our Mafia don). Once I polish the paint, I'm thinking sealant, or sealant then wax on top, since I'm not the kind of guy who is likely to wax it frequently. And the car is parked outside, occasionally under trees. This morning the roof and trunk lid were frosted over! Silver metallic paint. I can see myself re-applying sealant (or wax) every 6 months, possibly as often as every 3 months if needed.

Edit1: I should add that while I like a good reflective shine, longevity and paint protection are more important to me than getting the deepest shine. As well as stopping those black rubber marble marks and bugs from sticking to the paint! And I'm willing to wax on top of the sealant if needed (maybe seal every 6 months, wax every 3 months?).

Edit2: Also interested in polishing and sealing paint on wheels. Maybe I can't use the orbital on the wheel spokes, but would like to try it on the inside of the wheel barrel and then seal or wax that paint to prevent brake dust from sticking to it.

I see you sell Adam's, Menzerna, Auto Finesse, Wolff's, OptiShield, and Sonax Polymer Netshield. Beyond that there is obviously the Griot's paint sealer. On other sites I see Blackfire, Klasse, Dodo Juice, Chemical Brothers, and more. Out of your sealants, which would you recommend for the novice car detailer?
    Last edited by LivesNearCostco; 12-04-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    Phil, thanks. Since I missed the black Friday deal I'm not as rushed now. I'm quite new to detailing, other than watching a paint correction demo once by an expert down in San Diego (set up by our Mafia don). Once I polish the paint, I'm thinking sealant, or sealant then wax on top, since I'm not the kind of guy who is likely to wax it frequently. And the car is parked outside, occasionally under trees. This morning the roof and trunk lid were frosted over! Silver metallic paint. I can see myself re-applying sealant (or wax) every 6 months, possibly as often as every 3 months if needed.

I see you sell Adam's, Menzerna, Auto Finesse, Wolff's, OptiShield, and Sonax Polymer Netshield. Beyond that there is obviously the Griot's paint sealer. On other sites I see Blackfire, Klasse, Dodo Juice, Chemical Brothers, and more. Out of your sealants, which would you recommend for the novice car detailer?
    I see Phil using Sonax PNS (Net Shield) a lot via his Facebook posts. I got into detailing around this time last year and the first sealant I chose was the Sonax PNS. I still use it to this day. Very simple to use and the results are great.
    E92 335i M-Sport
    997 S

Thanks, MiniD. I just read the entire "Ask Detailer's Domain" thread and saw his advice that light colored cars look better with sealants and dark colored cars with waxes, and that he generally likes Menzerma and Sonax sealants and polishes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast