Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    A catch can is always better that recirculating the fumes and gunk back into the intake manifold. It would seem to me as purely a part of the emissions components. I am not sure the effects of its remove has on tailpipe emissions but I know visually it will fail. I should try and test it out with it removed on the smog dyno to see what it the tailpipe numbers are.

sent from Moto X

Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    A catch can is always better that recirculating the fumes and gunk back into the intake manifold. It would seem to me as purely a part of the emissions components. I am not sure the effects of its remove has on tailpipe emissions but I know visually it will fail. I should try and test it out with it removed on the smog dyno to see what it the tailpipe numbers are.

sent from Moto X
    I've been a gearhead for years, but never heard the term "smog dyno" before. I suppose it is because emissions isn't an issue where I live. Sounds pretty cool. I'd be interested in the numbers.

One of the most intriguing things for me is, the liquid goop I am catching in the cast must have been making it into my oil through the CVV's return line. How do these engines live so long with all that crap running back down the dipstick tube?

Check out my youtube channel for all kinds of E46 DIY's
    http://www.youtube.com/user/flipfinish?feature=mhee
    Check out my BMW Blog
    http://smolckbmw.blogspot.com/
    Follow me on twitter @smolck

Quote Originally Posted by Smolck View Post
    I've been a gearhead for years, but never heard the term "smog dyno" before. I suppose it is because emissions isn't an issue where I live. Sounds pretty cool. I'd be interested in the numbers.

One of the most intriguing things for me is, the liquid goop I am catching in the cast must have been making it into my oil through the CVV's return line. How do these engines live so long with all that crap running back down the dipstick tube?
    Just a thought but I wonder what kinda crap you would find in the can if you ran some seafoam through the motor.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    2005 IR ZHP Alcantara 6MT l Bimmian phone mount l Khoalty Angel Eye's l Khoalty Fog's l AFE Stage 1 Intake l AFE Dynamic Air Scoop's l CDV Delete
    Besian Sealed VANOS l Flat black Kidney Grills l Magnaflow Cat-Back

IDK because the Blackstone oil analysis say it's a good system based on data. .

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by 328ioc View Post
    Just a thought but I wonder what kinda crap you would find in the can if you ran some seafoam through the motor.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Funny you should ask. I have another thread about sticking oil rings, in it I describe my woes. One thing I did was run Marvel Mystery Oil and currently I have a mix of dino oil, ATF and seafoam. What I noticed with the MMO was more "crap" and it was black vs the whiteish colored stuff. Here is a pic, I thinned it some to get it to pour from the can, but you can clearly see the chunks of "stuff" in there. Scary!

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    IDK because the Blackstone oil analysis say it's a good system based on data. .

Sent from my S4 > Mason, OH
    I am sure it is a good system, but this crap I am catching had to be going somewhere, no?

Check out my BMW Blog

You couldn't post this just a couple of days ago, could you? lol
    I literally just replaced the CCV... ugh.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    You couldn't post this just a couple of days ago, could you? lol
    I literally just replaced the CCV... ugh.
    If it makes you feel better, so had I. My CVV has roughly 300 miles on it, just sitting in my garage staring at me. Stupid plastic POS. Maybe I will blow it up come New Years when the fireworks stands open back up!

Check out my BMW Blog

I just showed this thread to a BMW tech friend of mine. His question is: what did you do with the remaining 3 openings?
    The CCV attaches to the intake in 2 different locations and also connects to the dip stick tube.

He also makes the statement that the increased pressure on the piston rings will wear out the piston rings prematurely.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

California Smog Emission test involves a visual test, 15mph dyno emission test and a 25mph emission test. No fun at all since a car may pass idle smog emission test but at 25mph it may fail. :X

Autozone.com
    Ironically this was bumped on e46f http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=996777

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast