Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I will be pulling the trigger on this unit. toward the end of the month
    I will be mating up a back up camera

I will be sure to provide indepth reviews..

the unit looks like it is well worth the funds.

My adage is buy the best and you wont be dissapointed.
    and the second adage is
    you wont miss that extra money you spent 5 months from now but you will still be enjoying what it got you.

I will be picking up one of these units when my car arrives

I will certainly want the back up camera

I like how it interfaces with the cars onboard via torque

I will be sure to give an indepth review.

I Hate the price but I love the functions.

I used to work in a shop that had a snap-on code reader I believe we paid thousands for this thing

it seems like torque may do something similar.

maybe I can do away with my obdII I will probably get this for my new car. simply because I like Pandora and I like gadgets and I like having toys.

Looking forward to it. I've been following the development thread on e46f and it's got its small quirks but it's pretty decent overall. The whole idea behind Android/WiFi/3G-enabled OS is just awesome. I'll probably look into getting one of these a few months down the road.
    Call me Giya (sounds just like Karmann Ghia) | '05 ZHP Coupé AT - Sparkling Graphite Metallic | Project thread

Wear Italian, Kiss French, Drink Russian, Drive German

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Seems like it's impossible to keep up with this crap, BUT, this one looks real nice.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1012546

http://avinusa.com/bmw-e46-full-andr...l#.Up5GN8RDtHU

Cost reflects it. $799.
    As soon as I see a stylus being used for a touch screen, I see all I need to see. This thing will miss half the "clicks" you do with your finger and will be a usability nightmare - if it didn't, they'd be using a finger in the demo.

I tried the "amazing" Dynavin and hated it. Honestly, I doubt this will be any better. OEM radio w/ an iPod connector (one that's not made by DICE!!!) is the way to go IMO. As for GPS, buy the $60-70 Navigon app for your phone and enjoy.

Look at this post: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...9&postcount=10

Start up time of 30 seconds? Are you kidding me??? You'll be halfway to your destination by the time the music starts playing. No way in hell would I buy that.

Apparently, the new version (Avant 2) of this unit came out with much more current version of Android (Jelly Bean 4.1.1). Looks really good to me. I'll be giving it a few more months and see if I want to pull the trigger.

https://avinusa.com/bmw-e46-avant2-f...on-system.html
    Call me Giya (sounds just like Karmann Ghia) | '05 ZHP Coupé AT - Sparkling Graphite Metallic | Project thread

I am not a big android person however it seems like a decent unit. Even the eonon d5150 works pretty for me as well. Gary has the GM5150 and that seems to have most of the bugs worked out. As I can tell overall majority of people will just use it to stream music or just make phone calls. GPS on these devices aren't the best. I personally use my phone connected by usb to the Eonon and run my music with the WAZE app for navigation. All tuck away in the center console and call it a day. So depending on the need of use I would say consider all alternatives.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

My Eonon GM5150 works great and for $350 you can't go wrong! I mainly use my iPhone to play music or DVD's. I've only used the Nav a few times. I haven't even used the screen mirroring function yet. The Avin does look really nice but the price is more than double compared to the Eonon unit.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Gary, I agree the price of the AVIN unit is the biggest turn-off. It seems like with the jelly bean OS it will be a popular item so it's not likely that the price will drop any time soon. I am huge android fan so to have android OS on my e46 dash with all my apps and 4g internet, that just sounds so seductive. I got no beef against the Eonon unit. It looks very nice. I'll probably evaluate my options once again when I'm more serious about a new deck.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast