Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Sirius Factory Unit Issues - Perpetually "Acquiring Signal"

Hey guys, hope everyone is well round these parts. I'm having an issue with my factory OE Sirius radio unit. About a month ago, out of nowhere I started having intermittent signal issues. The radio would go in and out of "acquiring signal" status. Now it is to the point where it is "acquiring signal" almost 100% of the time. I called Sirius and they said to visit my local dealership since it is an OE part. PFFFT.

Based on forum hunting, I didn't find too many issues with E46 Sirius units. Apparently the E90s are notorious for the "acquiring signal" issue but as those models have different radio units, the troubleshooting for those issues does not really help.

The only thing I've tried was to order a new antenna - P/N 84110392099 - which I ordered thru bavauto, but later they refunded my money because they were unable to locate the item from their vendors.

Any help, or ideas? Anyone know where I can find a new antenna? I googled the P/N but didn't find many vendors...
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Your antenna could be on the fritz. Do you have it externally mounted, or on the rear deck facing out the window? I got mine from my dealer. It was around $60

I have it located on the rear deck/shelf, mounted to the metal bracket thingy right in the middle. reception up til recently has never been an issue.

I found the part online here: http://parts.bmwofsouthatlanta.com/p...110392099.html

hopefully it's in stock as I just ordered one.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Do you mind posting a pic of the antenna you have now? I had a larger round one that came with my prev car, and it must have gotten worn out, and did the same things. The replacement part was smaller with the Sirius logo on it.