Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Eonon GM5150

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa330i View Post
    WOLFN8TR,

Did you order your gm5150 with or without maps?
    Without maps. Reason being is when I ordered my D5150 the Kudos maps sucked. I ended up using Igo Primo 2.4 and it works good. Alot of guys are having really good luck with Igo 8. Look over on E46Fanatics for the GM5150 group buy.
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

Thanks! I have wanted the nav option right in the stereo for a while. Right now, I have the business cd with aux in. I have a car dock for my galaxy s2 suctioned to the windshield and I use the gps on that along with pandora or my own stuff on the phone for music. I don't see my galaxy s2 on the list for screen mirroring, which kind of sucks... I really like pandora. I'm curious about this thing's ability to use the wifi radio. Can you connect to any wireless network with it to get internet access? Is there anything built in that could use internet access?

Any recommendations how to install the reverse camera? I routed it to reverse lights but when the lights are on the power is a little off coming from the camera and giving a rolling feed.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

From Eonon on e46fanatics:
    Tampa330i, the samsung galaxy s2 doesn't have the miracast function so that it can't realize the full screen mirroring function. But it suppport the DLNA, which can sync any videos, music, pics from your phone to our unit easily. Also quite convenient to use!
    The screen sharing is pretty important to me. Being able to use pandora for music and google nav for gps is the selling point. I've had this phone for almost 4 years and now I have a reason to upgrade . Pretty sure I'm going to get this. Other than the radio mounting bracket, is there anything else I absolutely need to install it? And to double check I have the correct bracket, it's http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...board/ES82727/ right? I have a single row for buttons, smokers package. Thanks for your help WOLFN8TR!

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhl1989 View Post
    Any recommendations how to install the reverse camera? I routed it to reverse lights but when the lights are on the power is a little off coming from the camera and giving a rolling feed.
    Hmmm. No I don't Tony as I haven't even installed my camera yet. I have two of them, one from Eonon that mounts on the license plate and the other one that goes where the license plate light is. I've heard several guys saying the newer version of the GM5150 doesn't need the reverse wire even hooked up, the unit senses when in reverse and turns on the screen automatically. Also Eonon includes an external Mic now!

From Eonon on e46fanatics:

The screen sharing is pretty important to me. Being able to use pandora for music and google nav for gps is the selling point. I've had this phone for almost 4 years and now I have a reason to upgrade . Pretty sure I'm going to get this. Other than the radio mounting bracket, is there anything else I absolutely need to install it? And to double check I have the correct bracket, it's http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-330...board/ES82727/ right? I have a single row for buttons, smokers package. Thanks for your help WOLFN8TR!
    Welcome...

I'm still rocking the iPhone 4 so I can't use some of these features either beings my phone doesn't Miracast.

Eonon GM5150

I never really use the eonon for Bluetooth. I have it set up to wire the iPod connection with a lighting adapter to the center console and just play music. Call it a day

The thing about the camera that I will be doing is ordering the camera from eonon with the wireless transmitter. I can't seem to route the wires without tearing them apart with the hanger method. Such a pain everything when I change between different cameras. I also realize if I switch on my rear fogs that it gives the camera enough power to have a clear camera when the lights are on.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Got a galaxy s4 today and just ordered the gm5150 and the radio bracket. Looking forward to the switch!

Eonon GM5150

Got a galaxy s4 today and just ordered the gm5150 and the radio bracket. Looking forward to the switch!
    Make sure you order a Metra 40-EU55 Antenna Adapter. It gets better reception than the supplied adapter from Eonon and will allow the unit to sit flush. Hook up the Blue wire.

http://www.amazon.com/Metra-40-EU55-...=Metra+40-EU55
    Last edited by WOLFN8TR; 05-26-2014 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post

[URL="http://www.amazon.com/Metra-40-EU55-Antenna-Adapter-European/dp/B0007WW64Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390107623&sr=8-1&keywords=Metra+40-EU55"]http://www.amazon.com/Metra-40-EU55-Antenna-Adapter-European/dp/B0007WW64Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1390107623&sr=8-1&keywords=Metra+40-EU55
    Is this the exact one you ordered, from amazon? Amazon claims this doesn't fit a 2004 330i and all the reviews are about jettas. TBH, I'm not that concerned with radio or reception, even now I never use the am/fm radio.

Yep. It makes the install easier also.

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast