Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Eonon GM5150

Eonon's New GM5150 Navigation!

Quote Originally Posted by brewer90 View Post
    Wolf - I ordered the GM.

Cak - I have the business so should be good.

fredo - damn straight!
    Nice! You will probably get it before I do. Let us know how you like it.

Here is my Eonon D5150 Install thread that might be of help. There are also links for cameras, cables etc in there.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10876
    BAV Stage 1 - BlueBus - UltraGauge - V1 - Orion V4's - ARC-8's - Brembo 996
    TTFS Engine/SMG Tune/CSL 255 - SGT Headers/Sect 1/SCZA - Evolve Eventuri
    VIS XTS CF Hood - CF Lip/Console/Diffuser - OE CSL Trunk - BWS 500S 9k/11k

I read the issues with the Nav vehicles which sucks. It looks like they have worked the bugs out with everything else. Of course I'm buying the first of a new model so who knows what I'll find.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    Nice! You will probably get it before I do. Let us know how you like it.

Here is my Eonon D5150 Install thread that might be of help. There are also links for cameras, cables etc in there.

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10876
    I've read that through several times. That info gave me the confidence to buy this unit. I wasn't planning on doing the rear view camera but that might be a good option since I basically have limo tint on the back window.

Eonon's New GM5150 Navigation!

A few of us were the first owners of the D5150 and had several issues with the unit. The Can Bus being one and the install being a PITA. I did the 5150 Install thread to try and help others avoid going thru what I did. I posted the same one over on E46Fanatics and Carlos from Eonon contacted me directly to thank me for it and welcomed feedback on the unit. He even wanted me to join the EPIP program Eonon has, basically giving feedback on newly released units. Over a few months we were able to get them to address the short RCA wires, Orange LED buttons to match the BMW dash, Mic issues, Can Bus, 90 degree iPod cable, UI, and several other minor tweaks.

The GM5150 incorporates these fixes plus several added features. Should be a sweet Nav unit! If you need any help send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFN8TR View Post
    If you need any help send me a PM.
    Will do. Thanks again for driving improvement in the unit. Hopefully you got the GM unit at a significant discount after all of the work you put in.

Brew, congrats on the new procurement. Excited to see how you like it.

Gary, I've followed your work on the install and with Eonon here and on e46f--very valuable--thanks. How can we get them to acknowledge/correct issues for OEM Nav cars? Or does this unit do that (5M cable, etc)?

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Brew, congrats on the new procurement. Excited to see how you like it.

Gary, I've followed your work on the install and with Eonon here and on e46f--very valuable--thanks. How can we get them to acknowledge/correct issues for OEM Nav cars? Or does this unit do that (5M cable, etc)?
    Your Welcome. Not sure if Eonon is addressing issues that OEM Nav guys are having installing their units or not. Here is a post from a member over on E46Fanatics that installed the D5150 in place of his OEM Nav.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitFarher View Post
    Completely compatible. BE WARNED: Not easy, however.

Our connections are in the rear driver's quarter panel.

You need a 5 meter (FOURTY PIN. 40-PIN), (NOT NOT NOT NOT A 17-pin) "fakra" cable, and you will lose automatic-dimming unless you tap into a wire that is only hot when the parking lights are on.

You will need to hack off the Ibus connector for the iBus integration. I have lost volume increase with speed and if "LOUD" is checked, even at level 1, the Eonon is loud.. I mean, not hear the person in the passenger seat loud. I have some idea that this is due to the higher output levels going into the HK Amplifier. A problem which I plan on bypassing with aftermarket amplifiers as the Eonon unit has more than enough outputs to handle multiple aftermarket amps.

It is a lot of work. You will be pulling either your entire center console, back seat, and all related trim, or you will be pulling your Driver's side kick molding, the door sill, the rear armrest panel, and the rear seat.

On some "good" news" You don't have to find a place to stuff the 40-pin connector like those with the business radio.

On some "bad, bad" news, you CANNOT POSSIBLY use the iPod connector as it is (There simply isn't enough room due to the cold weather package's METAL housing DIRECTLY behind the radio with ZERO clearance), and you also have to get creative if you want FM radio. You see, OUR European connector is in the trunk (Again, same location as the 40-pin). So, you need a Zero-radius Motorola plug, to an extension plug, to the European plug in the rear. It's a HUGE pain in the ass. I WISH it was just integrated into the "fakra" cable.

Currently, I have ZERO Over-the-air FM stations. It's very, VERY cold here in Michigan, and I will not be pulling brittle plastic pieces apart in this weather. My Eonon is in, and functional (For USB/CD/Bluetooth) and that's well enough for me.

I am VERY disappointed in the unit, however. The menus are not intuitive at all, the hardware is marginal at best, and the fit is somewhat less than desirable. The RCA-out levels are too low to be of real use, and the "EQ" is laughable.

Wow. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

The reviews on these are all over the board, some love them and some hate them. Personally I'm really pleased with my D5150, the install was frustrating because of clearance issues but other than that it's a really nice unit for the money.

I've got the oem nav, so it's a definite no-go for me.

I'd love a plug and play replacement. Hopefully they'll get there some day.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast