Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Headlight Restoration on the INSIDE

Okay so i don't know if this is the room to post this in, but i am wanting to know if anyone else is or has experienced oxidation within the headlamps?

if you have or know of any ways to help restore them, i would really appreciate it!

thank you!

2004 ZHP Saloon
    Location - CA
    Very Proud Owner

Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

You can buy new lenses. Restoration kits only last so long. New lenses are $60 i think. Pretty sure Turner has then, and DDM tuning i think. Or Umnitza.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

Cheapest I found (and ended up buying) was at bimmian 90bux....though I think Khoa has these.

YUP...........$72.00 at http://www.khoalty.com/bmw-e46/light...ment-%28oem%29)
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Khoa has them? Sweet. Use him! Hey dane, that link isnt working!

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

+1 on the replacement. It just isn't worth the hassle of trying to fix what's already "damaged" (pitted, etc.).
    Then, get lamin-x to protect the new lenses.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

this is all great stuff! i'm loving it! thanks guys! oh also, would you recommend that when i do the lense swap (since it seems to be the better idea) should i do the angel eye kit too? if so, what kit do you recommend?

2004 ZHP Saloon
    Location - CA
    Very Proud Owner

yes. Might as well while you're in there. There are sooo many different types, styles, colors, brightness, etc. Hard to say. A lot of memebers have them, so look at sigs, or ask around the site for pics. Here are mine. They came standard on the depo lights i got, so i would imagine a ccfl, cheapest ones they have are similar to mine. I wanted an old school 5 series look. yellow/orange, and dim, not bright. A lot of guys have thinner, brighter ones, bluer ones, etc. i know dane has different ones than me. im sure hell show his off too and give you the styles. You can get this stuff from Khoalty.com too, and support the site. (win-win)

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

i like those but i dont know if anyone has seen any of the newer ones like on the new 3 series or new new 5 series? they are super white and really nice! i would like something like that. any recommendations for aftermarket kits?

2004 ZHP Saloon
    Location - CA
    Very Proud Owner

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast