Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

Power Steering Hose Leak

So my beloved zhp started leaving drips of unknown fluid on the garage floor recently. After further investigation I determined it to be motor oil via the OFHG, which I then replaced. After thoroughly cleaning the engine I noticed my plastic skid plate to be covered with something several days later. I removed it and began looking and have come to the conclusion it's power steering squid (red fluid) leaking. I'm not quite sure which ones to replace and which ones to try and salvage. Through my searching I have not found the exact answers I'm looking for. Here are some pics, the best I could get under the car not lifted up. Any schematic provided I could better tell y'all which ones that I think are leaking. Thanks for the help!

Kinda hard to tell but that looks like it is the hose that connects the power steering cooling coil to the power steering rack.

If you have the funds, replace all 3 hoses. See below using ecstuning.com

Power Steering Return Hose
    Connects power steering cooling coil to fluid reservoir
    Brand: Genuine BMW
    ES#: 1901303
    Mfg#: 32416796390

Power Steering Return Hose
    Connects power steering cooling coil to power steering rack
    ES#: 1906531
    Mfg#: 32416796367

Power Steering Feed Hose
    Connects fluid reservoir to power steering pump
    ES#: 54312
    Mfg#: 32411095526

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

There is a 4th that connects pump to rack. I think it's called the high-pressure hose and it has a metal collar in the middle and a metal bend at the right/passenger end. Being a high-pressure hose, both ends are bolt-on--one uses a banjo bolt with 2 aluminum crush washers and the other end uses some kind of screw-in fitting. All the other PS hose ends use hose clamps or quick-disconnect fittings.

Disconnecting the two hoses from the cooling coil requires either a quick-disconnect tool or creative use of two hand tools, such as vise-grip + pliers, or vise-grip + flat-bladed screwdriver, or two pliers plug an assistant with a screwdriver, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    There is a 4th that connects pump to rack. I think it's called the high-pressure hose and it has a metal collar in the middle and a metal bend at the right/passenger end. Being a high-pressure hose, both ends are bolt-on--one uses a banjo bolt with 2 aluminum crush washers and the other end uses some kind of screw-in fitting. All the other PS hose ends use hose clamps or quick-disconnect fittings.
    Need to look this up. I thought it went from the cooler directly to the rack.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

It's part number 32416764725 / 32416774215; depends if you have the LF-20 or LF-30 PS pump.
    There are 5 ES part numbers, depending whether your have the LF-20 or LF-30 pump and if you want Genuine BMW, OES, or MTC.