Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    Where you guys buying your aux inputs?
    I DIY'd mine; it's very straightforward if you have even the slightest bit of soldering & screwdriver-using skills. This E46F thread was very helpful to me.

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

I'm taking apart my cell phone to replace the digitizer, so a little solder is a non issue, just need to find that iron Any1 have any fancy ones? i think i saw a thread somewhere where someone dremel'ed a female into the glovebox and had a short wire coming from there. i think he just wired up the 12v from the cig lighter. any1 have this or any other cool custom wire solutions?

I use a two-in-one iPod audio & charge cable to get line-out audio from the dock connector & power all in one cord. The audio line I have plugged into my DIY'd aux-in & the power cord I'm going to hard-wire with a 5V regulator to a switched 12V line. The iPod end of the cable is routed through a hole in the back of my sunglasses holder.

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

i'm not a fan of the ipod, and i'd probably just get a standard aux female and just get a short cable to connect to cell phone. my plan is to get sirius radio on my phone and just run it through that. u guys think it's a good idea or would the quality be better if i go straight from the radio hu?

Quality may be better, but it will never be as inexpensive or convenient. My female aux hole is in the mail. Hopefully I can have it in this weekend. Next week sometime at the latest.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

I think there's some confusion between an Audio CD and an MP3 CD. An Audio CD is a music-only disc that's formatted for standard CD players and can only be around 80 minutes and usually fits under 20 songs. MP3 CD's can hold hundreds of songs and can have folder directories to organize files. It's more of a Data CD. This is merely an option when burning the disc.
    Example

Just clarifying

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    i'm not a fan of the ipod, and i'd probably just get a standard aux female and just get a short cable to connect to cell phone. my plan is to get sirius radio on my phone and just run it through that. u guys think it's a good idea or would the quality be better if i go straight from the radio hu?
    I use Pandora/Sirius/iHeartradio apps on iPhone through the AUX input and it sounds perfect. Theres a setting for Pandora to use Higher Quality Audio and it works fine no delays and sounds CD quality. Just make sure you have an unlimited data plan

I have a stock 05. the HU plays MP3 cd's just fine but they will not work from the trunk 6 pack cd. Anyone else experience the same?
    05 BMW 330ci M-performance
    73 BMW R90s (cafe'd)
    70 VW Karmann Ghia (wip)

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough - Mario Andretti -

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234