Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I think it's a pretty mixed bag of who can and cannot play it.
    I would just try it. What's a disc cost nowadays, ~$.25 each? If that?
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Hey Horns, might as well give it a try? Burn a couple discs and if they don't work, no biggie. Otherwise get an FM modulator for the trip and return it when you get home and get your aux input installed.
    +1 on FM modulator.

You can pick this up at any radio shack. Not ideal, but will hook up to any standard headphone jack (MP3 player, Cell phone, DiscMan, Walkman, etc) and allow you to play your music.

Just a thought. I used these back in the day...

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Not a fan of the FM modulator and had CDs lying around, so I spent last night burning old-school music CDs for the trip. It has been a while since I had to make best-of CDs for my favorite bands; got some decent play-lists for the future out the process.

I asked the stealership yesterday how much an aux input install would cost and they quoted $407. The salesman himself told me it was a ripoff and that I should just wait until I can do it myself.

That is definitely a rip off. Think it cost me $40.
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

2003 here and all cds work on mine so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnmadd View Post
    2003 here and all cds work on mine so far.
    But have you burned MP3's to CD?

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    But have you burned MP3's to CD?
    Pretty sure thats what he is referring to....but cannot confirm.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    That's why I'm asking.
    Yes sir.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Not a fan of the FM modulator and had CDs lying around, so I spent last night burning old-school music CDs for the trip. It has been a while since I had to make best-of CDs for my favorite bands; got some decent play-lists for the future out the process.

I asked the stealership yesterday how much an aux input install would cost and they quoted $407. The salesman himself told me it was a ripoff and that I should just wait until I can do it myself.
    Not a fan of the modulator either. Just a temp solution to your problem. I know I prefer to do things right the first time.

Plus driving through different areas you'd have to change your radio frequency if you picked up a random station...happened to me on my drive from PA to DC.

Hankook Ventus V4's 205/55/16 | 16" BMW OE Style 45's | ECSTuning 15mm Spacers | Thule 45050 Crossroad Rack | Thule 870XT Fairing | LLumar 35%/20% Tint
    Custom Vienna Austria Euro Plate | GoMiniGo "No-Holes" License Plate Bracket | Smoked License Plate Cover | Black License Plate Frame | Khoalty LED License Plate Lights

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast