Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by echo46 View Post
    Mobile 1 0w40 for the ZHP.
    This.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Total Quartz 5-40 in the 330 and 740 for me. LL-01 and it has a better additive package for protecting your bearings

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    Total Quartz 5-40 in the 330 and 740 for me. LL-01 and it has a better additive package for protecting your bearings
    How does this compare to the add package of Pennzoil Ultra Euro 5w-40 (LL01), I wonder...
    The prize on amazon ($36 or so for 6 qts) is great with subscription for the Pennz. and I have run it a couple of times and like it.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Never heard of this.

Thumbs, iPhone, Tapatalk.

I believe it used to be Elf-Xcellium Full-Tec or something....
    It seems the Total Energy 0w/30 is a FULL (more or almost all of Grp IV) synthetic, and the 5w/40 is a group III (less of a real synthetic, despite the labeling by Total as a full syn) oil.
    2005 AW ZHP Coupe. CW, Alcantara, Leather st. wheel, HK, Xenons, Step, Dinan chip & air box, USASpec, Sprint Booster

Total is apparently pretty big in Europe. This is the same stuff my BMW/porsche mechanic swears by and put in my car at my last oil change, except mine was called Quartz 9000. Not sure if there is a difference between "energy" and what I have in my car now. How do you find out about the additive package and how it compares to other oils?
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

For me Shell Rotella T6 is going in at 85k

Quote Originally Posted by STREETFIGHTER50 View Post
    For me Shell Rotella T6 is going in at 85k
    That's what I'm running.

Autozone.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ELCID86 View Post
    Interesting "When It Isn’t Best to Switch to Synthetic Oil": http://blog.fcpeuro.com/2014/02/06/w...synthetic-oil/
    I have heard of similar issues with high mileage cars. My MB Indie told me I should switch to dino oil in my C55 - he recommends dino oil for high mileage MB. I work in the Pulp and Paper industry and we have some gearboxes that are ancient - over 40 years old still running. My maintenance mechanics refused to change the oil in those ancient gear boxes - they just kept them topped off with oil. Urban legend at the plant was that if you changed the oil, you washed out the crud that was keeping the ancient gearboxes "sealed" and they leaked like sieves and then soon failed. May be legend but those ancient gearboxes are still running. I wonder if synthetic oil does the same thing with car engines (and transmissions).

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast