Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by Smolck View Post
    LL-01 is really only important if you run the ridiculous 15k mile oil change intervals. However, you do want something with high shear resistance, especially if you drive your ZHP the way God intends.

An oil with a Ferrari logo on the bottle is a good choice, because that means when you use it you can rev to 9,000 rpm like a Ferrari too
    Honestly, I just changed my oil after 15k. I only use bmw oil too. The oil sure was black and more "runny" but the car still runs great at the end of the day. I didn't want to wait that long but NJ's winter this year has been brutal and I didn't want to change my oil in 20 degree or less weather. Not only that, but even after 15k miles only once did the yellow oil light come on where I had to top it off. Hardly even burned oil.

I highly recommend bmw oil from the dealer. Not only did it last that long, but it's a lot cheaper (at least where I get it)
    $7.58/qt for bmw oil at the dealer
    $9.09/qt for castrol syntec 5w30 at my local autozone.

Never buying anything but bmw oil.
    2006 MINI Cooper S SOLD
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...-MINI-Cooper-S
    2006 ZHP 330CiC

+1 for shell rotella T6 5w40 here. i haven't done a change in the BMW yet (waiting for supplies...), but i will likely run that.

a long time ago, on another car, i used mobil 1... then i was burning oil. i switched to castrol syntec, and the consumption just about stopped.

fast forward a few years, and i was still using castrol syntec - different car, this one was turbocharged and had 300K miles on it. it ran well but used about a quart between oil changes. i switched to shell rotella T6 5w40 after an oil-nut friend of mine recommended that i try it out. well, i just sold that car (326K miles when it sold) and after switching to rotella T6 i essentially stopped using oil altogether on that car - amazing. i run it in my A4 1.8T and have zero oil consumption issues in that too.

i live out in the sticks, so availability is important too - and 30mins away at my local walmart i can get shell rotella T6 (the nearest BMW dealer is 2.5hrs away). it's $35/5-liter jug here in canada, everything costs more up here...

my $0.02.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I run Rotella t6 in the VW TDI and I love it, change the oil every 5k on that car.

Might start to run it on the wagon too, my cousin runs it in his M52 E36 and loves it.

From the recent Blackstone newsletter:
    "Synthetic or Conventional?So…which oil to choose?
    We get asked this question hundreds of times a year on thephone, in e-mails, and written on oil slips. And honestly, from a wear standpoint, we don’tfind a lot of difference between conventional and synthetic oils. Some engines may runbetter on one than the other, or maybe you find that your engine uses less oil on one orthe other, but these things are hard to quantify from our end. There are so many factorsthat affect how your engine wears, what kind of mileage you get, and how long yourengine will last that we could never issue a blanket one-size-fits-all statement saying “You should use X.” "

https://gallery.mailchimp.com/f64139...ly_2016.01.pdf

Thanks for posting.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Autozone.com
    I've used amsoil in my last and current ZHP as well as my old trail teams FJ cruiser. You pay for what you get but I love it.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP - BMWP brakes/intake/strut bar/shifter, Coby wraps interior, BBS CHs, Eagle Eye LED tails, LED fog lights, GC coilovers, Sprint Booster/sport button mod, 4.5 LCM w/ programming, Xtrons 9inch HU, BSW stg1, dynamat, M3 sedan dead pedal, oCarbon CF interior trim, CF seat backs, 2x2 CF MTECH2 diffuser, CF cabin filter cover

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456