Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ok.....got it. So one off and you will notice?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    ok.....got it. So one off and you will notice?
    You'll definitely notice. When holding the wheel straight you'll be going right. It's pretty much like the car is it out of alignment.

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

I got my wheel back today and installed. Here is a shot showing the correct angle to go in at the release springs. You can faintly see the screwdriver inside the wheel and notice that you're actually pushing on the inner arm of the spring (looks like a safety pin) to release the airbag.

Large version: http://mrmaico.smugmug.com/Cars/BMW-ZHP-misc/IMG0733/1191341754_sfvD2-X3.jpg

After I installed my airbag I noticed it wasn't sitting evenly all the way around the wheel so I had to remove the airbag and adjust the top 2 of the 3 torx screws that hold that plate that contains the airbag springs. Had to tighten one a bit and loosen the other a bit. If I was to do this again I would probably just leave that piece on the wheel and just remove the 2 wiring harnesses from it so I wouldn't have to mess with adjusting that piece.

Out of curiosity I tried to find that piece that contains the airbag springs on Realoem and didn't have any luck. Anyone else able to find it? Would suck to break that piece somehow and have to buy a new wheel to get one!

Other than that everything went smooth. Something else I should mention, when I removed my wheel I used my Makita cordless impact wrench on the center bolt. Worked great for removing the bolt. I'd assume if using a ratchet on it you'd have to be careful breaking it loose so you don't damage the steering lock mechanism.

Looks awesome! Can't wait to get my shift knob back from getting it wrapped in Alcantara.

I'll post a separate thread about the re-wrap later, might wait till I get my shift knob back.

Barry

Thats gorgeous

One more......

And NO AIRBAG LIGHT!! Not yet anyway. I've read of some people getting an airbag fault light even though they unhooked the battery before removing the bag. I haven't actually started the car yet so I'm hoping it doesn't have to be started before it will throw a fault.

Hoping to get it out for a drive tomorrow. It's supposed to be perfect conditions for a winter drive without having to worry about sloppy/salty roads.

I gots the airbag light

That turned out excellent!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Looks great!
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by ZSP-Mafia View Post
    I gots the airbag light
    Do you know why? Was it from removing the airbag with the battery still connected?

Quote Originally Posted by ZSP-Mafia View Post
    Thats gorgeous
    Quote Originally Posted by pyreguy View Post
    That turned out excellent!
    Thanks guys!

I disconnected the battery when i swapped wheels. I had the intermittent airbag light from the seat occupancy sensor before, but it's always on now.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast