Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    Just found this thread....how does one reattach the springs on the new wheel?
    Are you talking about the plate with the airbag springs on it? I just went until they felt like they were getting snug and also I thought maybe the horn might not work right if they were all the way tight . It kinda felt like they might be stripping so I didn't go all the way tight, just until the airbag looked like it was sitting in the proper place. Afterward Mike at Cobywheel told me he goes all the way until they're tight. One of these days I might tighten them some more but they are working fine as is.

Can you elaborate? I'm confused as to how the springs attach? Are they pressure fitted into a fitting or do they hook onto something? I'm talking about when you are reattaching the wheel, do I just put the screwdriver in the side and push the spring into the wheel again or what?
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Can you elaborate? I'm confused as to how the springs attach? Are they pressure fitted into a fitting or do they hook onto something? I'm talking about when you are reattaching the wheel, do I just put the screwdriver in the side and push the spring into the wheel again or what?
    Oh, now I gotcha. No, you just push the airbag on and they will just clip into place. No need to push the spring in or anything.

Oh alright, so they just need to be pushed in when removing the airbag? That's simple enough haha
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Oh alright, so they just need to be pushed in when removing the airbag? That's simple enough haha
    Yup....nothin' to it. Now that I've thought about it for a day IIRC you just need to be a bit careful that you push the airbag on equally on both sides otherwise one side will hook and then you can't get the other one started. You'll figure it out.

Barry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234