Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerWill View Post
    How do the hankooks hold up?

sent from S4
    I get about two to three season's worth of use from my rear set of Hankooks avg.....depends on how many miles/yr I drive the ///M. This past season I put on less than 4k miles on the ///M and spent most of the season driving my ZHP

Since the ///M has lots of torque and I really run the car whenever I take it out, I typically avg about 15 - 20k or so on the tires...

Alright thanks for the info

sent from S4

'01 330i

Quote Originally Posted by BimmerRules! View Post
    Thanks to this ringing endorsement by a experienced and knowledgable member, I ordered the DWS yesterday thru our site.

I was tempted to try the Hankook ventus s1 noble2 based on the comparison table that another member was kind enough to post on this thread; that table clearly showed that Hankook was better than the DWS in some key categories.

However, the # of reviews (~160k for Hankook vs. 33 million for DWS) that formed that study made me pause. More importantly, I rely and highly value the feedback of the members here and so it was an easy decision.

Will post my thoughts later next week once I have them installed.

Thanks again!
    Update: it's now 1000+ miles on my DWS and count me as a happy customer. I was shocked at the casual confidence it built on me and happily parked the car on ice and snow without hestitation.

Did I say Conti DWS?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Did I say Conti DWS?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    I know I did...
    Matt/Matthew/Belvin
    2003 ZHP Sedan, 6sp, Jet Black/Sand with Black Cube
    *Amber Army*

just saw this thread.

michelin pilot super sport for me. they cost more, and i'm quite frugal, but once you live with them for a while you see where your money went.... smiles per mile.

not only do they stick well in both dry and wet, but they wear well, are quiet, compliant enough, and due to their crazy compound they actually stick just as well in the wet at 3/32" as they do when new. oh - and the best part - they are light. very light. and most are made in the US (OE ZHP sizes are).

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

I have worn my rear sets of Pilot Super Sports down to the cord and yet these tires continued to stick and I was able to hold my track thru tight clover leafs....of course I was unaware that the rear tires have worn down that much....tires have been replaced with a new set of Pilot Super Sports....easily the best set of tires I have ever driven with. Hands down....

Got a pair of Conti DW put on the rears last Saturday. They replaced Bridgestone RE760 which I still have for fronts. These Contis are quite different. They are quieter, smoother and take bumps better but they seem spongier. Almost feels like I have softer shocks installed. They also are not as stable. A little bit squirelly actually and it feels like they are more to the oversteer side. Don't know if it's the odd tread pattern or the soft side walls causing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave1027 View Post
    Got a pair of Conti DW put on the rears last Saturday. They replaced Bridgestone RE760 which I still have for fronts. These Contis are quite different. They are quieter, smoother and take bumps better but they seem spongier. Almost feels like I have softer shocks installed. They also are not as stable. A little bit squirelly actually and it feels like they are more to the oversteer side. Don't know if it's the odd tread pattern or the soft side walls causing it.
    Don’t any new tires feel a bit more “squirrelly” and “spongy” compared to worn ones? Due to the extra few 32ds of tread? Not saying that you’re wrong about the Contis being a bit softer than your RE760s, just thought I remembered something about new tires’ treads.

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    That could be. Seems these Contis are getting less squirelly as they break in. Just odd that there's such a drastic difference in feel but these are my first tire replacement on the beam.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast