Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    You can't go wrong with Michelin. I have PS A/S on the e90, Primacy MXV4 on the Saab, and PS A/S 3 on the Mini Cooper. I'm very happy with my choices.
    Last edited by fredo; 01-03-2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: More info

Quote Originally Posted by pfr View Post
    I've been very happy with Michelin Super Sports

- Peter
    +1 on this. Got these tires this summer and am happy with them so far - great grip.

I'm on my third set of cont. DWS. Really good all season tires. But the mich pilot sport AS plus tires wee the best ones I've ever bought. Not worth the extra $400 per set over the DWS unless money is no object though.
    "No, Donny, these men are nihilists, there's nothing to be afraid of"

09 135i Msport 6mt
    04 330i ZHP (sold)
    David

I've had Yokohoma, Michelin, Kumho, Nexen, Continental, General, BFG, and maybe one other brand I can't remember on the 9 e46s & 3 e39s we've had/have. Without a doubt the Continental DWS's have my vote as the best DD. Close to Michelin in grip, better in fuel economy, better in wear/tread life, good ride comfort, a little on the soft side for sidewalls if you push the car hard regularly but no complaint for DD, quieter than the Michelin A/Ss, no tramlining, they do flat spot a bit in the below freezing cold temps but this goes away in 5 miles, they're less expensive than Michelin & Yokohoma but more than the others, not too much more. We have a set of 315s on the rear of my wife's x5 with 25K miles and they still have 6-7/32nds of tread, about half life of a tire, the x5 is a staggered set up so these haven't been rotated, I'm amazed by their longevity. I have one front set on a ZHP with 32K miles and the D, W, & S stamped in the tread is still perfectly visible. I'm sold, I'm a convert, I will only buy the DWSs for our BMWs from here going forward.
    Last edited by BCS_ZHP; 01-03-2014 at 08:21 PM.

Bruce
    21 GMC Sierra - mine
    16 X5 M-Sport - wife
    11 M3 - 1st son
    04 Tundra - 2nd son
    17 X1 M-Sport - daughter

Former (mo/yr sold):
    15 335xi M-Sport (8/18)
    11 335is (8/17)
    11 X5 AW/blk (11/15)
    04 330xi blk/gray (7/15)
    06 ZHP SGM/blk (6/15)
    08 335xi blue/blk (4/15)
    04 ZHPci MB/blk (2/14)
    04 ZHPcic IR/Alc (10/13)
    01 540iT anthra/blk (7/13)
    04 ZHPci TIAG/blk (9/12)
    03 540i M-Sport (9/12)
    01 325ci (3/12)
    02 325iT 5MT (10/11)
    05 ZHPci (7/11)
    03 330cic (2/11)
    00 323ci (10/10)

Quote Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post
    I'd be willing to give up the all season style tires for a bit more performance and "stick". It doesn't snow much around here (although we just got about 4" of the white stuff this morning lol) but we do get a fair amount of rain. Good thing is I have a short commute so I'm not far from home should the weather turn nasty.
    It's not always a matter of snow or not, but summer tires essentially become a lot less effective with traction when the temperatures go below 40 degrees (I believe that is the temp BMW uses in their documentation). It could be 25 degrees out, but you'll have next to no grip in those temperatures even if the pavement is dry. If you live in Maryland, either winter tires or all seasons are recommended as temperatures do go below 40 during the winter. That said...

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    I'm on my third set of cont. DWS. Really good all season tires. But the mich pilot sport AS plus tires wee the best ones I've ever bought. Not worth the extra $400 per set over the DWS unless money is no object though.
    I have had Conti DWS tires prior to me purchasing a dedicated set of summer and winter tires. They were an excellent all-around tire, with plenty of grip in the dry and wet. Snow performance was "whatever" as expected from an all-season tire. They were decent on the track, and lasted about 4 track days and 35-40k miles of daily driving (don't remember exact figure).
    Currently I have Pirelli Winter Sottozero tires, which are a performance winter tire. They have excellent grip in the wet and snow, and acceptable grip in the dry.

For those who don't want to swap tires, Conti DWS is my choice.
    For those who want to swap, then get dedicated winter tires and summer tires if you want the best performance in either temperature conditions.

My daily set of wheels this past summer (summer tires) were Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110's. As a daily driving set, they were great tires for the price, and were definitely "bang for the buck" tires. They were not good on track; I came back with missing tread blocks after just one track day. I've never ever had that happen to me before...
    I can't report a mileage on them as I had premature failure on one of the rears (bubbled up sidewall), most likely from a pothole. I also forgot to record the mileage when I put them on.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

bridgestone so4 pole position.

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

DWS

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Like the Hankook V12

sent by new technology DA

+1 for the DWS, though I’m getting a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s tomorrow. I’ve had no complaints with the Contis, just wanted to see what the new PS A/Ss are like.

Tapatalk’d on my iPad mini

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Michelin pilot sport A/S are the best I've ever used. The new A/S 3's are supposed to be even better so they're my recommendation. I've driven the A/S 3s just not on a BMW and they're awesome. They'll be my next set in the spring
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast