Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Back in the 90's I loved my Yokohama AVS' on my VW's but they decided to stop making them for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
    +1 for the DWS, though I’m getting a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3s tomorrow. I’ve had no complaints with the Contis, just wanted to see what the new PS A/Ss are like.

Tapatalk’d on my iPad mini
    The Tire Rack review of the A/S 3s was impressive. Leaning towards dropping the coin on them when the Khumos give up.
    http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/...y.jsp?ttid=177
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by pfr View Post
    I've been very happy with Michelin Super Sports

- Peter
    Quote Originally Posted by kerunt View Post
    +1 on this. Got these tires this summer and am happy with them so far - great grip.
    +2

I love mine, but I'm kinda disappointed they don't make one in the 740's oddball 18" size. Even more annoyed that they don't make a 15" so I can run them on the 2002 and E21

i have the pilot sport a/s and im not too happy.

They handle great, but they stupid things are starting to chunk! It looks like my dog chews on the tires at night. Yeah, I've done some spirited driving on these tires but I have never seen tires start to chunk! Luckily they are still good on my dad's M5, no chunking there. I could still get another 10-15k outta my tires no sweat (currently 10k on em). I guess they are good DD tires, but they can't handle it when you push them. They actually corner really well and grip well, but the aftermath, the chunking makes em a no-no for me.

Funny thing is my mechanic said the EXACT same thing. He said these tires will start to chunk when you go on drives with twisty roads..

Next time I'll get the Conti DWS or just a summer tire.

Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post

They handle great, but they stupid things are starting to chunk! It looks like my dog chews on the tires at night. Yeah, I've done some spirited driving on these tires but I have never seen tires start to chunk! Luckily they are still good on my dad's M5, no chunking there. I could still get another 10-15k outta my tires no sweat (currently 10k on em). I guess they are good DD tires, but they can't handle it when you push them. They actually corner really well and grip well, but the aftermath, the chunking makes em a no-no for me.

Funny thing is my mechanic said the EXACT same thing. He said these tires will start to chunk when you go on drives with twisty roads..

Are you running the new A/S 3s or the previous version A/S?
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes View Post
    +2

I love mine, but I'm kinda disappointed they don't make one in the 740's oddball 18" size. Even more annoyed that they don't make a 15" so I can run them on the 2002 and E21
    +3. Best tire I've driven on, and they're so light that my gas mileage improved a bit compared to the Bridgestones I had before

Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post

Same thing happened with my dad's 535xi (Michelin Pilot A/S+... no idea how the A/S3 are). We weren't happy with DWS either, too soft. Decided to just run summer/winter, and much happier. The car feels much better in both sets of conditions

That's odd. I drive my cars more aggressively than most I'd say and have never had chunking issues with the michelins (been through 2 sets).My whole family has been running them on all of our cars for a few years now and have never had issues. My mechanic recommends them for his sports car/exotic customers as well and hasn't told me of any issues and I talk to him weekly (good friend of mine). That's really weird that that happened.

May be another issue like tire pressure or something causing it.
    -Chris-

2003 ZHP Sedan - Jet Black on Sand - SOLD

Been on Kumho extsa 4s for the past year or so...they are proving to be a great tire for the money. However in have noticed a huge drop off of grip when the temps hit below freezing...which was expected. Greta tire for $99 a pop.

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianZHP View Post

I still have the PO's original tires on (Bridgestone Potenza's) and the road noise is killing me. For DD I take it easy, so LLR's (low rolling resistance), road noise, and efficiency are top priorities for me.
    My car had the Potenza's on it when I bought it and the noise was so annoying that I switched tires a few thousand before I had to because of it. I installed a set of the Hankook V12s and have been pretty happy with them. Only downside I noticed was the softer sidewall compared to the Bridgestones but after a while you get used to it and it doesn't seem so noticeable. I've wore out 1 set of rears so far and then next time I need tires all 4 should be due.

I am going with the PSS next time. Can't wait till that time comes!

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Are you running the new A/S 3s or the previous version A/S?
    previous version.

Quote Originally Posted by terraphantm View Post
    +3. Best tire I've driven on, and they're so light that my gas mileage improved a bit compared to the Bridgestones I had before

Same thing happened with my dad's 535xi (Michelin Pilot A/S+... no idea how the A/S3 are). We weren't happy with DWS either, too soft. Decided to just run summer/winter, and much happier. The car feels much better in both sets of conditions
    Yep PSS are amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieZHP View Post
    That's odd. I drive my cars more aggressively than most I'd say and have never had chunking issues with the michelins (been through 2 sets).My whole family has been running them on all of our cars for a few years now and have never had issues. My mechanic recommends them for his sports car/exotic customers as well and hasn't told me of any issues and I talk to him weekly (good friend of mine). That's really weird that that happened.

May be another issue like tire pressure or something causing it.
    I dunno man, i read some reviews and other said the exact same thing as me. Glad they work for you though. tire pressure may have a factor in this, but I've ran 38 all around, 32F, 35R and saw no change.

It just bugs me that the outer areas are wearing (chunking..) I had a alignment done at a high end BMW shop, new FCABS, new RTABS, all other suspension components were replaced by PO.. <40k miles ago

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast