Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

(Sold) OEM Bluetooth $250

This is verified and tested with an Android phone and iPhone 5 (iOS7) as of January 17, 2014.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7yOI45ok2E

I'm selling an OEM bluetooth setup with everything you need to retrofit your system. It should only take about 1 hour max to put this together and get your business radio supporting bluetooth.

DIY from Crickett here:
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...tooth-Retrofit

Price: $200 shipped + paypal fees

The TCU costs ~$242 so I think this is a good deal since all you need is your car, a Philips screwdriver, 8mm socket, and some free time. The black plastic mic cover WILL NOT be provided. The mic will be provided, but I did not remove the mic from the cover before taking photos.

Pictures:

Last edited by Pip; 01-17-2014 at 04:33 PM.

Hmmm tempting. Includes everything needed for install less the mic cover?
    - Evan - Karting Thread - YouTube -

Sorry I wasn't clear in the original post.

This will include everything for the OEM BT install if you have business radio. The Nav users might have a slight change in one part. The mic cover is not included because all cars should have one installed without a mic already.

Our cars come prewired for BT so the antenna, mic, and TCU with brackets/hardware are all you need. You have to plug the TCU in the trunk (driver side), plug antenna in below rear of center console, and plug mic in near homelink. You should then be able to use BT -- I believe this works for phone calls etc. I do not believe BMW was so advanced in the past to do music streaming across the BT.

Which part (and what does it cost?) needs to be changed for those of us with OEM Nav...? Interested... Thanks!

iPhone 5S. Tapatalk Pro. BOOM
    2011 E90 Lemans Blue/Bamboo Beige M3- Harrop Supercharged IG: lmb_zcp
    2013 F25 Alpine White/Chestnut X3 35i- Family Hauler
    2006 R53 British Racing Green/Panther Black Mini Cooper S FOR SALE! DM for details!
    Past: 2010 X5M, 2014 328d, 2003 330i ZHP, 2004 330i ZHP, 2012 X3 35i
    WTB!! 2009-2012 E91 328i Touring Contact me with info!

Charlie, not sure if my connection is slow to update but I'm adding this to the thread because I did not know about this and I want to be transparent with the family.

"One thing to point out Sean is that your TCU module is either 6th or 7th generation based on the part number shown. The part number for the 13th gen is 84-10-9154358. Not trying to mess your sale but it's also important to note that the older generation TCU/ULF modules do not necessarily support current bluetooth enabled phones. I have a 6th gen ULF module and my current iPhone 5s does not work with it. Just because it has bluetooth, doesn't necessarily mean that it will connect with every bluetooth enabled device. Either way…GLWS "

Thank you for posting this and hopefully helping someone out because the last thing I want is for someone to be upset they spent the money.

This is from sna77:

If you want VR to work with OEM Nav, you need a ULF, not TCU.

TCU / Assist combo units do NOT have VR that will work with OEM Nav. No way to change that with clever programming either.

13th gen TCU part # is: 84109154358
    http://www.bimmernav.com/ulfchanges.html

I've extensively documented the process here, as well as the difference between a ULF and TCU.
    http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...and-Parts-List

But IMO, I would go the TCU route over ULF at this point. The TCU was updated last year and works with all the latest iPhones etc. The ULF hasn't been updated in a few years, requires a discontinued pairing button. Plus, the VR isn't that useful anyhow. Remember, this is essentially a 10+ year old Nav system at the core. The VR works for basic commands like "find gas station" but beyond that it isn't very useful...

Quote Originally Posted by JupiterBMW View Post
    Which part (and what does it cost?) needs to be changed for those of us with OEM Nav...? Interested... Thanks!

iPhone 5S. Tapatalk Pro. BOOM
    You would need a ULF instead of a TCU like I'm offering. I'd be willing to split and sell the remaining pieces if you're seriously interested. Not sure the TCU is going to work for anyone unless someone with OEM BT and android can confirm.

Sean, you don't necessarily need a ULF to go with the OE Nav unless you desire voice commands for navigation, which you pointed out as not too useful.

Both my cars are equipped with OE Nav and the ZHP is equipped with SNA77's 6th gen ULF module and my ///M has been updated with the 13th gen TCU module.

To be honest... if I had to choose between the two, ULF or TCU, I'd go for the TCU module because it's much more current and depending on the generation you have, can support more Bluetooth equipped phones.

The TCU modules are used to provide the BMW Assist functionality as well as provide Bluetooth capability for pairing/communications using a hand set/cell phone.

ULF and TCU modules can be used, most get the TCU modules because they typically cost about half as much as the ULF modules new with the trade off of not having navigation voice command (not missing much in my opinion). I say this since I have both between two cars

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk HD

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pip View Post
    I didn't realize this was part of my Bluetooth when I swapped for non-armrest console... took me a day to realize it and put it back in

Anyways, great price and somebody should pick it up quick!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast