Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

WTB: E46 Burnt ZKW Headlight Bowls

Hey all,

I'm in need of some more cores to rework for my burnt bowl replacements. I know many of you have retrofitted and was hoping that you have your old burnt/cracked bowls available. If so, let me know, thanks

Max

How do you re-work a burned bowl?
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

After the cracks in the bowl are repaired, a metal plating process is used to re-plate the bowl. Below is my thread with side by side pictures

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...M-Replacements

Max

I have two whole headlight assemblies I'd be happy to sell you. If it is easy to get just the bowls out, I could just ship those to you.
    2003 Mystic Blue 330i ZHP 6 MT

born in germany | delivered to baltimore | spent time in texas | resides in utah
    aFe ProDry S Air Filter | Dinan Stage 1 Software | H&R 27mm Front Sway Bar
    Bridgestone RE760 | StopTech Street Performance Pads
    BMW OEM Clear Corners & Side Markers | Ziza LED Light Kit | AL Bi-Xenon Retrofit | BSW Soundplicity iPod Integration

Quote Originally Posted by quikryptonite View Post
    I have two whole headlight assemblies I'd be happy to sell you. If it is easy to get just the bowls out, I could just ship those to you.
    Pm'd

Thanks
    Max

Bummer - I shipped my lights to Lightwerkz for a retrofit just a few months back. I guess I shoulda asked them to send my ZKW's back to me...you could had them for free (the passenger side was defect free, too).

Jeff
    E90 M3
    F15 X5 50i M Sport
    Former ZHP owner

How's business been?

Can you tell us a bit more about this metallic plating? How do you replate them? You say OEM method but I don't know what that is and I am geeky curious. what material are you using to replate and why did you pick that material? You said the new material is more robust. What makes you say that?

Now for questions specific to my situation. I have looked at my headlights from the back and they only have slight browning amazingly. Would you say this new, more robust material would be good as a preventative measure as well for people like me rather than waiting for the bowls to destroy themselves? If so, what is your turn around time? I don't drive my car often living in a big city. I would like to keep my original equipment if that was ok.
    2005 BMW 330i ZHP 6MT. Built 11-19-04. Bought 4-2012.
    Stock: Nav, leather, PDC, Xenon
    Added by me: OEM Alarm, OEM heated seats, OEM aux kit, OEM Bluetooth, intravee, M3 strut brace, BMW Performance Intake, Nappa leather arm rest, updated LCM (triple blink, euro hazards, trifecta lighting, 3 stage brakes), temp gauge

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalZman View Post
    How's business been?

Can you tell us a bit more about this metallic plating? How do you replate them? You say OEM method but I don't know what that is and I am geeky curious. what material are you using to replate and why did you pick that material? You said the new material is more robust. What makes you say that?

Now for questions specific to my situation. I have looked at my headlights from the back and they only have slight browning amazingly. Would you say this new, more robust material would be good as a preventative measure as well for people like me rather than waiting for the bowls to destroy themselves? If so, what is your turn around time? I don't drive my car often living in a big city. I would like to keep my original equipment if that was ok.
    I have moved your question and my answer over to my actual FS thread. I'd rather not clutter my WTB thread with product questions.

Max

Ya'll are burnin a lot of bowls...

I have a set too, though.

Sent from my iPhone

Shop Advance Auto Parts
    Easy fella, this ain't Denver

Goin' HAM mobile
    Call me Seth
    CURRENT: 2016 Long Beach Blue BMW /// M2
    RETIRED: ‘15 F22 M235i | '08 E90 M3 DCT "GoinHAM3" | '04 E46 M3 6MT "WEGOHAM"
    '04 330i ZHP | '11 E82 135i | '08 E90 328xi | 07 E91 328xi SportWagon

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    If I wore panties, I'd be dropping them right now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast