Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lighting controls, passenger side mirror + other questions

OK, so I am getting used to E46 things after a decade in my E36 (RIP) and I have a few questions of the gurus.

1. Are there options for having no front lights illuminated when driving?
    2. Possible to run fog lights only?
    3. Possible to override the passenger side mirror which dips down to look at the curb when in reverse? Sometimes there are other things I want to look at when I am backing up.
    4. Suggestions for temporary mounting Garmin/Magellan, etc. 4.5" GPS (like HVAC louver mount things @ Best Buy) - what is best solution? This should be removable/stowable so the bad guys don't see it when I am parked...
    5. Link to hard-wiring Valentine? I am planning to do Home Link and V-1 install in one install.

Thank you

Hey man

1. You have to get Daytime Running LIghts switched off at the dealer. Very easy for them to do.
    2. You would need to have your parking lights on at least, to have your fogs on.
    3. Yes just switch the mirror switch to the opposite side. Cant remember which way it shuts it off, but opposite but what you have it at hehe
    4. Not too sure on this
    5. I will find the link.... hold up

Hope I could help

Edit: heres's the link http://m3.madrussian.net/diy_valentine_v1.shtml

1 & 2, as stated above.

3. Mirror switch to the driver's side- passenger mirror lowers in reverse. Switch to the passenger side- passenger mirror stays up in reverse.

4. Nav mat works great. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B000U5TUWE
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post
    Mirror switch to the driver's side- passenger mirror lowers in reverse. Switch to the passenger side- passenger mirror stays up in reverse.
    This.

Thank you for the invaluable tips - everything seems easy.

You can also change a setting in the coding so that it doesn't point all the way down when you select reverse but most dealers don't know about it.

I'd like to get this done to mine. Don't like the fact that it goes all the way down all the time.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...63&postcount=3

Barry, there's a whole slew of options you can change with the programming.

http://www.e38.org/B090398_Att2_CKMSet.PDF

Your best bet is to compile a complete list of features you want changed/turned on/turned off and strike a deal for getting them all done at once to avoid paying big bucks at the dealer or indie shop.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Barry, there's a whole slew of options you can change with the programming.

http://www.e38.org/B090398_Att2_CKMSet.PDF

Your best bet is to compile a complete list of features you want changed/turned on/turned off and strike a deal for getting them all done at once to avoid paying big bucks at the dealer or indie shop.
    Thanks Eli, yup I did have a few things changed when I had my car down there last year and one of them on my list was this mirror change but Seth told me it wasn't possible. I should have pressed him a little to take a look again at the options. It obviously can be done because others have done it but I've also read of dealers/indys that are convinced it's not possible.

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showp...63&postcount=3

Barry

Wow, we know something about the E46 that Seth doesn't? Unheard of. Seriously though, he's probably the brightest guy in the country when it comes to the E46 so I wonder why he says it can't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    Wow, we know something about the E46 that Seth doesn't? Unheard of. Seriously though, he's probably the brightest guy in the country when it comes to the E46 so I wonder why he says it can't be done.
    I know what you mean. I just got the impression he had never seen that option so was convinced it couldn't be done. Maybe you should mention it to him sometime and see if he will do a little more investigating.

Barry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast