Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LivesNearCostco View Post
    Yes it's possible but I think hard to find instructors during HPDE 3 because most of them are driving or getting ready to drive in HPDE4/TT. Unless you grab a club racer instructor.

Saw PCA Golden Gate has a 2-day event at Thunderhill March 28-29 that costs $395 for normal drivers and $425 for students. That's like as expensive as BMW CCA if it's for the original Thunderhill East, but less expensive than BMW if it's for the combined East+West. But then it's Porsches... everything is more expensive (unless you're in a 944 like Hornung).
    How do you usually do on track compared to a bunch of Porsches? Zhp is good, but not 911 good!

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

I've been in two Porsche HPDE events and the basic answer is drivers with similar ability in a Boxsters and Caymans go a bit faster than I do, and those with similar ability in a 911 go much faster than I do (depending on which 911 model). I go faster than the Porsche drivers who have less confidence, and maybe faster than those with non-boosted 944s that aren't race-level drivers.

At least that's what my memory tells me! Reality might be a little different.

I've been in two Porsche HPDE events and the basic answer is drivers with similar ability in a Boxsters and Caymans go a bit faster than I do, and those with similar ability in a 911 go much faster than I do (depending on which 911 model). I go faster than the Porsche drivers who have less confidence, and maybe faster than those with non-boosted 944s that aren't race-level drivers.

At least that's what my memory tells me! Reality might be a little different.
    I cannot wait to drive Summit and Watkins Glen this season. Just need to fix my CV Joints and rebuild the inner ball joints on the Control Arms.

As for which is faster, my 951 is definitely quicker and more nimble than the ZHP was. But if you get it wrong in the Porsche (suffers from lift-off oversteer), you're gonna have a bad time. If you screw up in the ZHP it's easier to recover as it understeers. So far I've only spun the 951 once. It was apparent that the power removal sent the front hard to the inside of the turn. Applying the power again allowed me to save the front but then it sent me outside and around I went. I didn't need coffee that morning to say the least.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    No I haven't. The only suspension parts that are new for me are the FCAB, Z4Ms.
    Same here, I have Z4M Fcab's. But I doubt they are the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    I cannot wait to drive Summit and Watkins Glen this season. Just need to fix my CV Joints and rebuild the inner ball joints on the Control Arms.

As for which is faster, my 951 is definitely quicker and more nimble than the ZHP was. But if you get it wrong in the Porsche (suffers from lift-off oversteer), you're gonna have a bad time. If you screw up in the ZHP it's easier to recover as it understeers. So far I've only spun the 951 once. It was apparent that the power removal sent the front hard to the inside of the turn. Applying the power again allowed me to save the front but then it sent me outside and around I went. I didn't need coffee that morning to say the least.
    Porsches scare me lol

Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats

Quote Originally Posted by Johal E32 View Post
    Same here, I have Z4M Fcab's. But I doubt they are the issue.
    What if it is? There's so little rubber between that one edge of the lolly pop and the end of the control bushing arm. Would make some sense the noise is from that. I'm 95% sure it isn't that, though. The noise started long after installation of the bushings. But maybe they needed to break in...?

Mine have been in for 3500 miles or so. And the rattle for maybe 500 miles? 600 miles? They have broken in LONG before that. And I had the alignment done 20 miles after so I know its not my alignment.

I will have to get the car on a lift and see what's going on

Yea I did an alignment immediately after installation too. So it's probably not them.

Just saw a local NASA Nor Cal email saying if you volunteer at events, you can get discounted or free track time. I am volunteering at a NASA NorCal Car Control Clinic on Monday. If any of you in Nor Cal are not working (or preparing to get married) on President's Day and want to join me, let me know as they are looking for more volunteers.

Didn't know that. Actually I suspected that because the one time I did a Nor Cal NASA track day I ran into some former coworkers who volunteer and/or race with NASA. But I haven't been back to Nor Cal since, and most of my NASA events were with So. Cal. The two groups have different directors, slightly different pricing, and a somewhat different style.

I got the same email. I emailed the link today to see what they have. No response yet.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast