Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Finally got her back... Long story BEWARE (Now with Pictures)

Well after 27 days of not having my ZHP, she is finally back. Unfortunately the dealership did a terrible job of repairing stuff.

First issue i noticed was how ugly the repair was to the stut tower. I still feel a bump where the crease was where it mushroomed. Also they didn't even touch up the paint chips and just left it with bare metal (great for future rust spots ). Cant forget all the metal shavings they left either.
    CORRECTION: Not metal shavings but instead it is scrap pieces from the rubber sealant. I wasn't comfortable touching them and was going to wait to show the dealership the mess they left but my mechanic corrected me.

Once I started up the car I punched the gas peddle to hear the inline 6 for the first time in 27 days and it sounded god awful coming up from idle. I immediately called the guy in charge of all the paperwork and stuff over to my car and he witnessed it and took it over to the Service Department. Comes back a few minutes later telling me to just drive it for a day and it should go away (I guess this is what happens when a car isnt started up for a month.

Next up I plug in my radar detector as soon as I pull out of the dealership and guess what doesn't work. I then plug in my iPhone charger and it doesn't which means my outlet doesn't. Pretty sure my faced turned red and i grew some horns i was so pissed. Then I tested everything else while heading home and realize the windshield washer pump doesn't work.

I then drove it into the night and realized my brand new ($861) headlight is not only a different color temperature but is out of alignment firing into the back window of lifted up trucks.

I get to my dad's to show him all the shit that isn't right and open the trunk to get my flashlight out and look what i find...

Not only did they take my old battery and give me a new HUGE heavy battery. They took the effing tray that covers it.

I looked my car over a little more today and start noticing many scratches that I KNOW FOR A FACT weren't on my car when I put it in the shop.

All in all I'm very pissed and my dad is getting the adjuster to look over the work so I can get this stuff fixed.

One of the major scratches.

Last edited by romanred62; 02-17-2011 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Add pictures
    2004 Black Saphire Metallic 330i ZHP

Nightmare story bro. We will look back on this and laugh someday.....but damn.....right now....we're pissed!!!!!

It will all turn out....just be diligent and hold them accountable...
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Man. My local people know I would never put up with substandard work, so I have not experienced this before. But, wow, would I be extremely irritated -- especially after nearly a month of waiting.

How in the hell does the dealer allow the car to leave in that condition? They didn't think that the customer (you) would notice?

Can't wait for pictures.

Let us know if you need any enforcers sent your way.

Damn, that sucks. . . reminds me of that one epic story of the 350z from socal.

They better get things right for you.
    BMW 330i / Silbergrau / Zhp / 6 spd manual

Best of luck. We all hate having work done to just find out they screwed the pooch on the repairs.

Three pedal ZHP

We need to form a mob and intimidate whoever worked on the car.
    Or, if that isn't a good idea, we could always... picket.

They need to fix, and put a priority on it, because incompetance cannot be accepted.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I'm very sorry to hear that things didn't work out. Hopefully the dealer will be cooperative in sorting everything out. This is exactly why I avoid the dealer except for parts; they don't care about the quality or the cars any more - they just want your money. A reputable independent will do a significantly better job than pretty much any dealer. I've seen many cars come through and usually the worst work is performed by new-car dealers.

My Project Thread
    Register Your ZHP | CoolantSnitch

2005 ZHP 6MT Mods: AFE Intake, Carbon Fiber Hood w/ M3 Bulge, Meyle HD FCAB's, Zionsville T-Stat @ 88°C, Stewart WP, BMW Perf. Rotors F+R, Oil Temp & Press. Gauges, Alcantara Wheel w/ CF Trim, Alum. Pedals + E-Brake, Black Kidney's, Aux Input, Beltronics RX-75 Pro Radar Detector, Beisan Seals + Rattle Kit, Armrest Delete, Schroth Harness, StopTech Pads, SSR Comp-H's

Mann...so sorry to hear this

I wanna see the pics!

Huntsville isn't that far from me. I don't mind using intimidation.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Do we need to "send the dealership a message"?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast