Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I vote rear. Two problems I see with putting it on the front:

If you have to swerve suddenly id be afraid of it rolling off the rim.

If you slam on the brakes I think it will pull hard to the side.

Also, since we have open diffs I don't believe the difference in circumference will lead to much additional heat in the rear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    2006 CiC 6MT
    ZHP, Cold Weather, Xenon
    Sapphire Black / Black Leather / Black Cube

Did you buy the tires in Discount Tire ? I hear they prorate the thread left on the damaged tire when you buy another one from them (even without road hazard insurance). But, I never tried this myself.

Quote Originally Posted by wsmeyer View Post
    I vote rear. Two problems I see with putting it on the front:

If you have to swerve suddenly id be afraid of it rolling off the rim.

If you slam on the brakes I think it will pull hard to the side.

Also, since we have open diffs I don't believe the difference in circumference will lead to much additional heat in the rear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    I agree. That's a good point about the differential not having that much hear because it's an open diff.

Sent from my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by alexandre View Post
    p125/50r17 IIRC
    125/80R17, actually. 0.62% smaller diameter than the stock 255.

Quote Originally Posted by fredo View Post
    Did you buy the tires in Discount Tire ? I hear they prorate the thread left on the damaged tire when you buy another one from them (even without road hazard insurance). But, I never tried this myself.
    No, I got them from TireBuyer.com. I’m really reconsidering my decision to not buy road hazard insurance … I might go by Discount Tire anyway and see if there’s anything they could do to help me out.

I went ahead and put my winter set on last night (start-to-finish in 55 min!) and tucked the spare back in the trunk.

Travis | ’04 ZHP sedan 6MT | WeĭssLĭcht AEs | BMW clears | Plasti-Dipped grilles | BMW Perf. intake | TMS Power Pulleys | DIY aux-in | !CDV
    Sprint Booster w/Sport button | Mich PS AS4 (245 sq) | M3 front sway | Z4M LCABs | Beisan VANOS rebuild | GAS DISA rebuild | BMW diag. PC

Quote Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
    125/80R17, actually. 0.62% smaller diameter than the stock 255.

No, I got them from TireBuyer.com. I’m really reconsidering my decision to not buy road hazard insurance … I might go by Discount Tire anyway and see if there’s anything they could do to help me out.

I went ahead and put my winter set on last night (start-to-finish in 55 min!) and tucked the spare back in the trunk.
    Sorry this happened.

TireRack is an affiliate... Just as a reminder.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

TIRERACK.com - Revolutionizing Tire Buying
    Quote Originally Posted by derbo View Post
    if you can't use the winters, I would suggest the rear to have the donut. Front tires do 100% steering and alot more of the braking than the rear.
    If you hit something slippery and the rear loses traction, the rear end slides out. You don't want the donut on the rear.
    Conversely, if you slide in the front, the worst that can happen is understeer if in the middle of a corner. Back off the throttle and you're good.
    If you're in a braking situation, well it's a good thing you followed the recommended speed of the donut because you'll be fine. Extra space is a requirement with the donut anyway.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12