Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Watching the first 3 minutes made me sick. The lack of car control and complete disregard for safety (no roll bars, the Miata driver even had a bottle of something in the passenger footwell) is appalling. I stopped watching.
    Lift-off oversteer.

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hornung418 View Post
    Very easily correctable lift-off oversteer.

Sent from my GS3.
    Fixed.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Fixed.
    Yes...but you know they're rookies. Its super funny to watch the three cars just get ruined. It looks like they know each other. And thy are the only ones occupying the track. Don't get worried about their lack of saftey, its just a video.

Sent from my GS3.
    Porsche 944 Turbo Build

One ride and you'll understand why most rocket scientists are German.

My ZHP Build 2004-2014 RIP

I'm trying to make sense of how they keep on spinning out. I never tracked before however this seems very interesting. Hopefully someone can explain it to me.

Tony's ZHP "Wulf" '03 Silver Gray | Valentine 1 Radar Detector| Alcantara | BMW Performance Intake | F10 M5 Knob | Auto-dim Retrofit | BMW Alarm | Performance Grilles | OEM Roof Rack | Rain Light Sensor Retrofit | Eonon D5150 Head Unit | BMW OEM Clear Lens

Quote Originally Posted by Tnhl1989 View Post
    I'm trying to make sense of how they keep on spinning out. I never tracked before however this seems very interesting. Hopefully someone can explain it to me.
    The rear end started to slide out from them and they apparently didn't notice that the rear of the car wanted to start passing the front.
    The way it starts varies from car to car. Some cars get what Justin described, lift-off oversteer, which happens when you're in the middle of the corner and you lift off the throttle. Not every car will oversteer in this scenario, but you shouldn't take your foot off the throttle in the middle of a corner. Bad practice.

There's also power oversteer, which happens when you have an abundance of power and you apply it abruptly with the car turned in.

There's also a Scandanavian Flick, but that is a very deliberate act and usually applied when you're trying to force the car to oversteer by upsetting the balance of the car and applying throttle appropriately. Usually needed for the lower power cars.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

The rear end started to slide out from them and they apparently didn't notice that the rear of the car wanted to start passing the front.
    The way it starts varies from car to car. Some cars get what Justin described, lift-off oversteer, which happens when you're in the middle of the corner and you lift off the throttle. Not every car will oversteer in this scenario, but you shouldn't take your foot off the throttle in the middle of a corner. Bad practice.
    not to add insult to injury, but... clearly these guys, besides not knowing how to control a vehicle (my son, who is 7, has better car control instincts that those guys)... probably don't know what state their tires are in, what their alignment settings are like, etc. they need an instructor BADLY, simply put! i feel sorry for them.

peter
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

Uh.... display of poor driving but I guess they were having fun and not hurting anyone so... I couldn't even watch it past 2 minutes.
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Forgive me if this showed up somewhere else already...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz2rAgXjkCA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhqN6k3wvR8
    Last edited by pfr; 11-03-2014 at 10:30 AM. Reason: (added second one)

Quote Originally Posted by pfr View Post
    I love these

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

- Evan - Karting Thread - YouTube -

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast