Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP

View Poll Results: What to do for interior trim?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep black cube trim

15 55.56%
  • Swap silver cube trim

12 44.44%
  • Wrap existing trim

0 0%
  • Sharpie!

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hmm, black cube or silver cube interior trim...

Currently my car has a black alcantara interior with black cube trim. I personally am a huge fan of contrast, and emphasize this with my exterior (black trim, ambers on red to me works better than clears, angel eyes, yellow fogs). But, my interior is... blaaaaaahh.

I'm thinking of sprucing it up with the silver cube trim, or at least wrap it in something silver. The options for the trim are as follows (please vote on the poll):

* Keep black cube trim
    -- Benefits: Won't have to replace anything or spend any money; it still looks awesome
    -- Disadvantages: Center trim piece has broken tab, so it's loose; no contrast with the black dash; everything else in the interior is black
    * Get silver cube trim
    -- Benefits: CONTRAST!; cheaper pedal set [the set I want is cheaper in silver than in black]
    -- Disadvantages: Have to buy a set, which is $$; Silver on black is good, but silver doesn't really go with the exterior all that well
    * Wrap existing trim
    -- Benefits: cheaper than new set of trim; can reverse at any time or change
    -- Disadvantages: I'm horrible at doing it and refuse to pay anyone to do it; time consuming to do; sometimes look cheap
    * Silver-sharpie
    -- Benefits: It'll be very unique, and I'm comfortable doing it; FREE if I do it over my trim
    -- Disadvantages: I'll be ruining my trim; if I don't want to ruin my trim, I have to buy another set in black; time consuming

Please vote and post your opinionz...
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Tough call. Gotta think about this one a bit...
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

If it were me I would keep the black trim because I don't care for contrast and like my black on black on black car.. But it seems to me that you really wanna do the silver trim. If that's the case, I voted buy the silver trim and do it right the first time and not take a shortcut. This is something you will look at constantly as you enjoy your car, more-so than anything that you will do to your exterior. Take the time to save up and you won't regret it.
    Last edited by pyreguy; 02-16-2011 at 06:41 PM.
    Lance
    Autobahn South
    S/ASH
    My car finds your lack of faith disturbing

Voted for swap.
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

I voted for keeping it as it is. Personally that is what I would do, I like the way the interior is all black, from the carpet to the headliner. Mine is the same way

That's just me though.

Eli's silver cube looks AWESOME! But I think it also matches the exterior quite well.

If you do wanna swap, do it right and swap it for the real stuff, it will look better than wrapping and sharpie

I voted swap. If you were local, I'd let you try mine by swapping my dash bits. Are you driving to the GTG at Dane's place? Maybe someone there will have some they'd let you look at or try out for a few minutes in your car.

Quote Originally Posted by mimalmo View Post
    I voted swap. If you were local, I'd let you try mine by swapping my dash bits. Are you driving to the GTG at Dane's place? Maybe someone there will have some they'd let you look at or try out for a few minutes in your car.
    Yes, going to head down there.
    I'm really liking the idea of the silver trim, but it isn't cheeeeeeap.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I like the black/black of my interior too, so personally I wouldn't swap, but I agree if you are looking for a change, do it right and spend the money for the trim swap. John
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Silver

I vote silver if for no other reason than every car I've seen with black cube shows scratches really badly, especially on the door pull if you're married and your ring scuffs the finish*, where silver hides them somewhat better.

*and I bet some of you are thinking WTF? His ring scratches the trim AND HE STILL WEARS IT IN THE CAR???
    Greg
    2005 330Ci

I like the silver too. I would price out carbon effects for silver too. It would probably hold up better than the oem cube.
    -JJ
    2005 Zhp Sedan (Sold), back in the 2004 Allroad 2.7t

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast