Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes

So I seem to be one of the last people on the Angel Eye bandwagon as I've been sitting on the fence for a couple of years now and really want to get a set for my ZHP.

In doing all of the research it seems that a lot of people like Umnitza's V2 (opaque) and they have also updated their models (V4, V2.5, etc). The thing I don't like about them is that they don't accommodate the different sizes for the xenon and the halogen bowls on cars with xenon lights. That leaves Weisslichts. Well, when I shop for Weisslichts there are now just four options on Bimmian and JLevi's sites (the same options). However, there is only ONE option for cars with xenons.....a 78-LED clear. I asked JLevi what the deal is and it appears that with the new BMWs having the "corona rings" already installed Weisslicht has decided to pull back on manufacturing different options for halo lights. They have three options for cars with halogens for both bulbs, though.

My question is this......has anyone tried to purchase any of these last remaining options that are "made" for halogens and installed them on their xenon lights? I'd really like the 120-LED model or even the 42-LED Frosted versions (which are being clearanced as we speak), but no longer does Weisslicht make them for the xenon headlights. I can't find any pics of halogen assemblies next to xenon assemblies, but I guess they're different enough.

And due to the decline in demand the lifetime warranty option is not available anymore.

If I have to get Umnitza's I'd just hate knowing that the halogen ring is not properly sized to the bowl diameter (OCD), especially for the money you'd think they'd fulfill that design issue.

Long winded, but any thoughts? Anyone have any experience with the 78-LED kit from Weisslicht?

Thanks!

I bought European Auto Source angel eyes and they absolutely suck. They don't fit right over the xenon part of the light. When I inquired as to what the deal was, the told me there was something wrong with my car. Would not do business with them again.
    ------
    A Venza just isn't the same as a ZHP.

I have gone through many different types of angel eyes from ccfl (ebay), mycarr, JLevi, and now Umnitza Orion V4s. Of all the angel eyes I have used, I have to say I love the Orion V4s I'm now running on the ///M. So much so that come spring when the weather warms up and I go back to working on my headlights on the ZHP, I will be installing another set of Orion V4s for the ZHP. They are bright, which is the way I like it, and they also feature the night controller option where they dim when the headlights are turned on. Not bad if you ask me.

No angel eyes is the new angel eyes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    -Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post

Funny Keith

I'll be here all week. Remember to tip your waitress.

-Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.
    ZHP Pre-Ride Briefing

2005 ZHP, Alcantara, Silver Cube, Nav, Sharked, BMW Perf Intake, BMW Perf CF Strut Brace, CF Valve/Fuel Rail Covers,
    Shadowline Grills, CF Splitters, Fog Light Inserts, Euro-mirrors, CDV Delete, Beisan vanos, GAS DISA, BP Coded

Umnitza V2s here, no complaints. You have a coupe?
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by kayger12 View Post

Totally agree.

Jeff
    E90 M3
    F15 X5 50i M Sport
    Former ZHP owner

I have Umnitza Orion V2's - one of the batches that had some faulty rings according to an insider. First, one ring went bad, then just two nights ago, all four stopped working. Everything seems in order but I will have someone else check it out as I'm not even slightly knowledgeable of the wiring. It's been less than two years since they were professionally installed. I guess that is why they came up with the 2.5s.

I've also had DEPO's (Helios). Those were UU shaped unlike Umnitza's OO. They were actually as bright as the V2's but I can't attest to their longevity though, mine were destroyed in a crash just months later.

Weisslicht.....I think I've seen them before on some pre-LCI E46 M3's around here. Not as bright, but probably because the rings are thinner too.

There is one other option: The Retrofit Source. I think their new Morimoto XB LED angel eyes are ordered by the pair, not set, so you can choose the two that would fit your size requirements.

My Morimoto angel eyes did not match in color between the large and small ring, but they were a discount item, so maybe that's why.

Do research on them before you buy.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast