Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I'm thinking of getting these, so anxious to hear about 'em.
    What would be your plan in regards to the emissions/legality issue, if any? Mine was to do smog later this year when it's due, then throw them on and live life on the edge for the next two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Avetiso View Post
    Glad to hear you got them.
    I wasn't expecting any other mail or packages so after a split second of seeing that huge box, I looked like this ->

P.S. I just realized the pic code is "happydane." Is there a story to this?

Kinda my plan too, but I do want to put cats on.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    Kinda my plan too, but I do want to put cats on.

What brand/from where? I can be your guinea pig in a sense if I end up getting the stuff and doing it first. Haha I don't mind.
    My mechanic is the most honest person I know so labor costs won't be an issue, just parts cost.

No idea yet. You're leading the charge here.

Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

Well, I'll leave it up to my mechanic, he knows way more than I can ever hope to learn. Maybe since he works on track cars and DDs alike, he'll hopefully know some mumbo jumbo to make them legal and CEL-free...

Does your mechanic know about this plan yet? Technically he is also liable if you get caught

Quote Originally Posted by JKO_ZHP View Post
    Well, I'll leave it up to my mechanic, he knows way more than I can ever hope to learn. Maybe since he works on track cars and DDs alike, he'll hopefully know some mumbo jumbo to make them legal and CEL-free...
    CA legislation is pretty thorough.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to make it legal. First of all, CA law says that you cannot replace your cats unless your OE ones go bad. You must have an auto shop endorse that your old cats did indeed go bad.

Secondly, if you try running catless, you'll more than likely fail a visual.

Cats also may not be more than 3 inches away from their OE location.

Running headers in CA isn't possible legally (at least 99% of the time). It's all a matter of how much you can get away with.
    In the market for an E90 M3

Hermes, I called him already and I'm sure he knows they're illegal off-road, and I'm also sure being a track tuner, he's done this for some other customers too (for their daily cars). I emailed him the product link so he could get an idea of how the install will go - he mentioned how it can be very pricey to install some headers that are two-piece or something since it requires more work...or......something.

Anyways, I'm waiting to hear back from him to see what my next step will be.

Dario, I'm fine with living with the CEL and risk of possible random roadside smog checks. At least that's my mentality right now. I'm due for smog sometime later this year so right after is when my two-year window starts....plus, I'm taking the ZHP in for a full inspection and cooling system overhaul, oil change, etc. which was why I'm sort of planning to get the headers in after everything that needs to be replaced is done so there are less worries about the CEL hiding something.

Does anyone know the difference in the Gen 3 and the V1 model Bimmer Brakes headers?

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTater View Post
    Does anyone know the difference in the Gen 3 and the V1 model Bimmer Brakes headers?
    Insight anyone?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast