Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 534 of 823 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536544584634 ... LastLast
Results 5,331 to 5,340 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The first thing I think of when I read the description is "harshness". Do you care about this at all? If so, I'd stick with rubber bushings.
    Yeah, but they say in the video that they put them on all of their street cars too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liJ3t2xDwjY

That and @slater sings the praises of their spherical RTABs and his car rides great.

Quote Originally Posted by Vas View Post
    Nice. They finally made some for the Non-M vehicles.
    yeah - and that video they made is pretty nice, they actually did a good job explaining the different types of bushings.

It is a fairly new product so not alot of reviews yet.

A monoball bushing is a good upgrade though from a performance stand-point.

My only gripe with some of these bushings is the required maintenance. Even though a rubber bushing might not provide the best result, it is maintenance free. I personally like the solid rubber upgrade with the Z4M fcab. Cost effective upgrade and longer lifespan then fluid filled.
    i have to disagree on the rubber bit in regard to the stock bushing; they need to replaced often because they die so quickly.

the Z4M bushing, on the other hand, should last much longer.

my only gripe with the Z4M is that is moves the wheel further forward in the wheel well - performance-wise, this is all good stuff. but it just looks a bit funny to me.

The cost is up there for them.

Think I paid $50 for both z4m bushings and installed them into existing brackets.
    that's a great cost/performance upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    The first thing I think of when I read the description is "harshness". Do you care about this at all? If so, I'd stick with rubber bushings.
    i disagree as not all aftermarket options are the same. a poly bushing with poor tolerances - or no lube - will be awful. but i don't find my AKG poly units harsh by any means; if you have harshness with those, you have issues elsewhere in the suspension.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Yeah, but they say in the video that they put them on all of their street cars too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liJ3t2xDwjY

That and @slater sings the praises of their spherical RTABs and his car rides great.
    thanks man!

i don't use their RTABs, i run bimmerworld units. the TMS spherical RTABs are non-sealed, race-only bearings.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

so im just now seeing/discovering that my ECU Ebox fan hasnt been working. i didnt even know we had one of those things until now. My S54 DME has always shown a shadow code for EBOX fan.

i popped open my DME box and found my ebox fan plug. the plug that goes down to the actual fan is 3 wire but all my searching has found that the 3 wire ebox fans were from automatic cars.

im curious if there is anyone in here that has the ability to see what connector their ebox fan looks like? if they have a 2 wire connector or 3 wire?

the reason im confused is that my S54 engine harness has its own ebox fan plug connector with a 3 prong connector but only 2 wires in the outer pins. then my stock M54 ebox connector is stil present albeit tucked down away since it was unused and it too has a 3 wire connector but only 2 pins but those pins are in the middle and outer slots.

i need to find the pinout for the ebox fan so i can see which wire is ground, signal and power so i can test it myself.
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    so im just now seeing/discovering that my ECU Ebox fan hasnt been working. i didnt even know we had one of those things until now. My S54 DME has always shown a shadow code for EBOX fan.

i popped open my DME box and found my ebox fan plug. the plug that goes down to the actual fan is 3 wire but all my searching has found that the 3 wire ebox fans were from automatic cars.

im curious if there is anyone in here that has the ability to see what connector their ebox fan looks like? if they have a 2 wire connector or 3 wire?

the reason im confused is that my S54 engine harness has its own ebox fan plug connector with a 3 prong connector but only 2 wires in the outer pins. then my stock M54 ebox connector is stil present albeit tucked down away since it was unused and it too has a 3 wire connector but only 2 pins but those pins are in the middle and outer slots.

i need to find the pinout for the ebox fan so i can see which wire is ground, signal and power so i can test it myself.
    Check realoem and see if there is a separate diagram for that motor for manual vs auto trans?

I had no idea there was a fan in there until this post
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    Check realoem and see if there is a separate diagram for that motor for manual vs auto trans?

Same here. Looks like there are several versions too:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=12_0899

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post

yes i know there is 2 different motors on the m3/S54 cars.. SMG cars got 3 wire and manual cars got 2 wire

but on my ZHP i have a 3 wire DME fan as well and i did not change the fan in my car when we did the swap which means my car came with a 3 wire DME fan.

i was curious if other ZHP owners also had a 3 wire DME fan. Realoem will show both types for the cars and in some cases its wrong as well

Can you post a pic of where the connector is?
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    yes i know there is 2 different motors on the m3/S54 cars.. SMG cars got 3 wire and manual cars got 2 wire

but on my ZHP i have a 3 wire DME fan as well and i did not change the fan in my car when we did the swap which means my car came with a 3 wire DME fan.

i was curious if other ZHP owners also had a 3 wire DME fan. Realoem will show both types for the cars and in some cases its wrong as well
    It's a two wire connector on my 2005 330Ci auto. Hope that helps.

Name:  DMEFan.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  142.4 KB

And in this first photo, that's the other side of the connector that clips to the side of the DME enclosure.
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...46-12907571019

Salty
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    I’m working on my coolant temp sensor replace, which requires removal of the intake manifold.

While I’m in there, I’m doing a bunch of other stuff.

The crank position sensor is in there, but I’ve seen a few people reference that they can change it from under the car. If that’s the case, I’ll skip it for now as there’s no problem with mine.

Has anybody changed that sensor from under the car? It’s near the starter.
    Bump

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
    It's a two wire connector on my 2005 330Ci auto. Hope that helps.

Name:  DMEFan.jpg
Views: 501
Size:  142.4 KB

And in this first photo, that's the other side of the connector that clips to the side of the DME enclosure.
    https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...46-12907571019

Salty
    thanks for taking the time to do that. it just gives me more mysteries now lol. your car is an automatic and has a 2 wire plug grr lol.

Page 534 of 823 FirstFirst ... 34434484524532533534535536544584634 ... LastLast