Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 529 of 823 FirstFirst ... 29429479519527528529530531539579629 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    A cover outdoors is a double-edges sword. It can provide some protection, but can also kill the finish if it's not super-snug. The car needs to be clean before using the cover or the cover will scratch. And even if snug, if water gets through the cover & moisture builds up under the cover it can cause fogging of the paint over time. A tarp over the cover can help keep any water out. Then there are the jerks that see a car with a cover & will screw with the car. You'll have to wash the cover sometime - can require a large washer/dryer.

I've only used a cover inside, but have friends that have used the Stormproof, Autobody Armor, Weathershield HP & Superweave - all are decent choices, but have different price points & there are different prices from different vendors = shop around!

http://www.autoanything.com/car-cove...ar-covers.aspx

https://www.coverking.com/best-indoo...330i-base.html

https://www.carcoversdirect.com/part...6971/materials

http://www.autoanything.com/car-cove...stom-car-cover

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...SAAEgLFBPD_BwE

https://www.calcarcover.com/product/...-car-cover/555
    Thanks so much! I値l definitely be doing my research now. Especially about water getting into the cover and affecting the paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by L0veZHP View Post
    So I知 finally investing in a daily driver this year. Tomorrow I知 checking out this super clean 2005 Honda CRV. I think it痴 going to be the one. I値l be keeping my ZHP for joy.

I currently have my car in the garage with a genuine BMW car cover. Unfortunately I値l have to take the car out the garage and leave it parked in the outdoors.

I was thinking of getting an outdoor car cover. But wondering if you guys think it痴 worth it? And if it is, than any recommendations?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    so you are taking out your toy car essentially and putting in your potential used daily driver in the garage instead? any reason why? usually the point of getting a daily is to drive the toy car less and keep it protected ie... in the garage unless you are saying the daily is in much better condition than your zhp?
    2003 ZHP 332i | S54 6 speed
    2002 ZHP Touring | M54 6 Speed

i used one of those "breathable weatherproof" BMW covers on my old ZHP until one day it froze to my car. tossed it after that happened.
    --Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by webster View Post
    i used one of those "breathable weatherproof" BMW covers on my old ZHP until one day it froze to my car. tossed it after that happened.
    Any permanent damage?

All I can think of....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

I've also heard tell that dust/dirt under the cover gets ground into the paint under the cover. Probably not an issue if garaged.

Quote Originally Posted by danewilson77 View Post
    Any permanent damage?

All I can think of....

I bought a set of yellow fog-lights. The laminx didn't look too good with the lights on, and the driver's side fogs up pretty often.

What are the instructions for changing the fog-lights out? I saw a video for another E46. The black surround has to be popped off and then the foglight is held in by a screw?

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    What are the instructions for changing the fog-lights out? I saw a video for another E46. The black surround has to be popped off and then the foglight is held in by a screw?
    Yup, that's it.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

It's so pathetic, it's a wonder that they stay mounted at all sometimes lol

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

so drove my ZHP for the first time in a few weeks and noticed the wheel seemed abnormally heavy when backing out the driveway and turning at slow speeds. Im at 130xxx miles and I don't think the power steering fluid has ever been replaced. Should I get a new reservoir and do a flush or could it be the actual power steering pump?

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Page 529 of 823 FirstFirst ... 29429479519527528529530531539579629 ... LastLast