Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 535 of 823 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535536537545585635 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,350 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by nextelbuddy View Post
    thanks for taking the time to do that. it just gives me more mysteries now lol. your car is an automatic and has a 2 wire plug grr lol.
    Glad to do it for ya. I should mention the fan does have three wires going to the connector, but the plug on the fan only has two connectors.

Look at the first picture here, and then look at the third picture. Three wires in, two plugs out.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...46-12907571019

Salty
    __________________________________________________ _____
    2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP Jet Black/Black with aluminum cube
    Bone stock at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by SaltyNC View Post
    Glad to do it for ya. I should mention the fan does have three wires going to the connector, but the plug on the fan only has two connectors.

Look at the first picture here, and then look at the third picture. Three wires in, two plugs out.

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...46-12907571019

Salty
    Wow good spot

On computers, the third wire is for RPM monitoring. I wonder if it's same on that fan... Maybe it has to do more with year than model of car... the MS45 has much more monitoring capabilities than its predecessors...
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Can I drive the car with a broken Driver's side front sway bar link?

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeefan View Post
    Can I drive the car with a broken Driver's side front sway bar link?
    You can take off the sway bar completely and still drive around safely. Your handling will be shitty...but you can drive around no problems.
    anandoc

2004 330i auto | ZPP, ZCW | Schwarz 2 (668) | schwarz (N6SW)

aFe Stage-1 Pro DRY S intake | Morimoto FX-R 3.0 retrofit | ///M3 Seats (power, heat, bolster adj.) | ///M3 Strut Brace | ///M3 SMG Steering Wheel retrofit | OEM Alarm retrofit | GROM USB | Khoalty angel eyes

So here's what happened. 2 weekends ago I replaced the front shocks with Koni FSDs and BMW reinforcement plates. Since then the front of the car has been riding higher than it used to. I though it would settle out after a few days but it hasn't, so my fear was that maybe the strut wasn't seated all the way down into the sleeve thing at the bottom. So today I lifted the passenger side of the car, took the wheel off, and everything looked fine. Then I lowered it and raised the driver's side, and everything looked fine except I realized that I had forgotten to reinstall the small bracket that holds the ABS line onto the lower strut bolt. Stupid. So I decided I was going to take the lower strut bolt off, put the bracket on and tighten her back up. As I was about half-way done loosening the bolt, the sway bar link snapped. I noticed after a minute of 2 that the strut had spun abut 90 degrees, so that the tab where the sway bar link attaches was facing out. I'm guessing this is the problem? However I know I didn't install the strut that way, so it must have somehow rotated in the last 2 weeks, or perhaps as I was loosening the lower strut bolt.

So the car is now back on the ground with no driver's side sway bar link. My questions are: Any idea how I did this, or how I can avoid doing this in the future? Did I do something incredibly stupid? Also, can I drive the car right now, and how much of a pain will it be to replace this link?

Thanks!

Name:  IMG_4822.jpg
Views: 312
Size:  608.9 KBName:  IMG_4823.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  545.3 KBName:  IMG_4825.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  639.3 KBName:  IMG_4828.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  670.2 KB

Seems to me that maybe the strut wasn't inserted into the king pin all of the way and tightened, then somehow "jumped" out of its seat, and rotated . My KW's have a pin on the coilover body the must be inserted into the slot in the kingpin seat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Call Me Dane l 2/2004 330i ZHP l 18x8 ET45 BBS CK's wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ @ 245-40-18 l KW V1 Coilovers in front l KW V1 springs w/ Bilstein B8 dampeners in rear l BMW Performance Rotors l UUC StrutBarbarian l Racing Dynamics Rear Strut Bar l Jim Conforti Shark Injector l Light Birch Interior Trim l Bimmian Celly Mount l M3 Trunk Mat l l e90 Performance E-Brake & Shift Knob l M3 Tri-Stitched Boots l AL Headlight Retrofit with ZKW Lenses l CobyWheel Wrap w/M3 Stitching l LCM sw 4.5 triple blink and rear fogs l Maple Interior Trim

Konis don't have that pin... at least the yellows don't. You have guess the orientation to the king pin
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Konis don't have that pin... at least the yellows don't. You have guess the orientation to the king pin
    Hmmm, I coulda swore mine did...

The bilstein have two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

@Yankeefan there is definitely a locator pin on the FSD's that is supposed to seat down into the carrier. Not getting that down in there would explain both your increased ride height and the sway bar connection being off. I'll snag a pic of mine in the morning.

Page 535 of 823 FirstFirst ... 35435485525533534535536537545585635 ... LastLast