Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 754 of 823 FirstFirst ... 254654704744752753754755756764804 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,540 of 8230
    that looks like a resistor pack to me. use the bulbs and turn off all the checks. then you don't have to install that huge thing

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    that looks like a resistor pack to me. use the bulbs and turn off all the checks. then you don't have to install that huge thing
    Turning off the checks isn't going to solve the hyperflash you get if you don't install it.
    Unless the bulbs specify they are CANBUS bulbs, you'll need to use the resistor pack. In this case, the box states a CANBUS adapter is included; that means it's a resistor pack.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Turning off the checks isn't going to solve the hyperflash you get if you don't install it.
    Unless the bulbs specify they are CANBUS bulbs, you'll need to use the resistor pack. In this case, the box states a CANBUS adapter is included; that means it's a resistor pack.
    Looking at the package--I don't see anything about CANBUS compatibility. To confirm, these 1st gen Philips bulbs dont have the resistors and are simply plug and play...?

Name:  aab219d67e640b1d710ed5938871a248.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  51.0 KB
    Last edited by sna77; 10-14-2020 at 05:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sna77 View Post
    Looking at the package--I don't see anything about CANBUS compatibility. To confirm, these 1st gen Philips bulbs dont have the resistors and are simply plug and play...?

I haven't seen any CANBUS bulbs from any of the "name brand" manufacturers (Philips, Sylvania, etc.); they all require resistors. If it doesn't come in the package, then it will need a separate resistor. The Sylvania bulbs I purchased for the touring, for example, required resistors that had to be purchased separately.

Based on my searches, the no-name brand aftermarket is where the CANBUS bulbs seem to be. Those are bulbs that have the resistors built-in, which eliminate hyper-flash.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Yes, the Japanese ones were plug and play with no errors or hyperflash. We only disabled the hot/cold checks because it makes them flicker like a damn strobe at startup (cold check) and randomly (hot checks).

@az3579 it's a facelift coupe thing...you wouldn't understand lol

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Yes, the Japanese ones were plug and play with no errors or hyperflash. We only disabled the hot/cold checks because it makes them flicker like a damn strobe at startup (cold check) and randomly (hot checks).

@az3579 it's a facelift coupe thing...you wouldn't understand lol
    your box didnt have the resistors included, and you just didnt use them, correct?

Hope it's also a facelift convertible thing lol.

your box didnt have the resistors included, and you just didnt use them, correct?

Hope it's also a facelift convertible thing lol.
    Nope no resistors in the box. Coupe and vert have the same lights so you should be fine. I think I have another pair of the Japanese ones I can send you if they do throw an error.

Yeah, I have the same ones as ZHPizza and the box included just the bulbs. No resistors. No issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Nope no resistors in the box. Coupe and vert have the same lights so you should be fine. I think I have another pair of the Japanese ones I can send you if they do throw an error.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Yeah, I have the same ones as ZHPizza and the box included just the bulbs. No resistors. No issues.
    I wrote PowerBulbs where I bought the bulbs. This was the response:

Hello,

Thank you for your email.

I can confirm that the bulbs purchased are second generation. More recent Philips products have included a canbus adaptor along with the bulbs which just saves individuals making another purchase if they run into canbus issues.

The bulbs can be installed on their own, with the adaptor being used as a sort of backup option if you run into problems. We find that some vehicles do need the adaptor while others do not, but if you see warning signs on your dashboard pop up after installing the bulbs on their own then the adaptor will have to be used.

If we can help answer any further questions you may have please get back in touch.

Kind regards,

PowerBulbs

Anyone know fore sure what color grilles came on the sedan from the factory? I assume it is chrome surround and chrome slats, but I am not sure. I also figured the info is in this forum somewhere, but I did several searches and didn't find it. The chrome surround with black slats is an alternate and not stock, correct?

Thanks!
    '05 ZHP 6MT Sedan, '05 M3 6MT Coupe, '03 325i ZSP 5MT Touring and a few other BMWs

Page 754 of 823 FirstFirst ... 254654704744752753754755756764804 ... LastLast