Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 769 of 823 FirstFirst ... 269669719759767768769770771779819 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,690 of 8230
    I have an irrational fear of airbags lol. Do I need to disconnect the battery if im swapping out the front door panels? I did the two-tone panels over the summer when the battery was dead so i had nothing to worry about. But I need to spruce up one or two of them and one is up front.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    I have an irrational fear of airbags lol. Do I need to disconnect the battery if im swapping out the front door panels? I did the two-tone panels over the summer when the battery was dead so i had nothing to worry about. But I need to spruce up one or two of them and one is up front.
    Yeah it’s probably safer. It’s extremely unlikely they’ll go off but disconnecting the battery is so easy compared to dealing with a blown air bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

You don't, but no reason not to to feel safer.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

As the others have mentioned, you do not need to disconnect the battery. With that said, make sure you don't have the key in the ignition turned on, otherwise you'll get an airbag light. As long as you keep the ignition off, you shouldn't have a problem with the airbag light popping on. If you need to turn the ignition on for whatever reason, ensure the airbag is plugged in.

Air bags shouldn't go off if the ignition is not turned on, so that's how you know it won't explode. Even if the ignition was turned on, the crash sensor would have to trigger for it to go off.

As always, you can disconnect the battery if you're still worried about it.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thanks guys took care of everything over the weekend. Disconnected just to be on the safe side. wasn't really any extra hassle. Did my new panels and reassembled my center console along while also refinishing a nw black rear storage piece. Going to tackle the storage under the dynavin and should be finished. Thanks again everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by joeybananaz18 View Post
    You don't disconnect because it might go off, you disconnect to avoid airbag codes if you accidentally or purposefully detach the connector for the airbag.

You are not going to set off the airbag by working on the door panel. And if the airbag went off, the panel being on or off won't make a difference.

Any updated information on what's available for fixing the twist feature on the dashboard knobs. I felt a snap when adjusting my clock and now I can only adjust backwards

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    Any updated information on what's available for fixing the twist feature on the dashboard knobs. I felt a snap when adjusting my clock and now I can only adjust backwards
    50sKid has a video where he replaces the parts from a good working cluster. In the comments it also mentions you can use a program called Navcoder to set the clock in the instrument cluster via the IBUS data network.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3kP...channel=50sKid
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    I fixed mine in 2018 when I found I guy on eBay in the UK selling the stalk. +1 on the 5-skid video. My repair discussed here:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...today-2/page83 and in post 21535 same thread
    Pete

looks like 3D printers may be what saves all of our aging plastic parts. And cheaper than solving it with the original parts

Just found this part on eBay https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E46-Clu...wAAOSwM-Zf-3oT

And this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvzb3VyHCto
    Pete

Page 769 of 823 FirstFirst ... 269669719759767768769770771779819 ... LastLast