Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 706 of 823 FirstFirst ... 206606656696704705706707708716756806 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,060 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    If the snow isn't high, as in the roads are plowed but maybe not salted, then the ZHP is fine in the snow with winter tires.
    It's only the height of the snow you need to worry about.

Regardless of whether you get an SUV or drive the ZHP, you need to have winter tires.
    x2. Take the $2500 and get a LSD in the rear and winter tires, and the ZHP will be unstoppable. I drove a lowered E46 325i with winter tires and an open differential for 6 years through Chicago winters, including driving through 12" of snow multiple times. Drove it to northern WI by the UP during a Thanksgiving blizzard. Drove by plenty of trucks/SUVs in the ditches without a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by papa_g View Post
    I just spoke to the owner. She was very knowledgeable on the car and has all the records. Is definitely willing to take less than $2500. When I mentioned “the main issue with this chassis”, she immediately said “the transfer case?” Lol... seems like it’s common knowledge. She said it has not given her any problems, but that it also has never been serviced. She says the lower radiator hose is leaking, but no other leaks and the engine has never overheated. I think I’m gonna go take a look at it tomorrow, drive it and peruse the maintenance records....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm always wary of buying new cars and taking them on long road trips without going through them completely. Is this really about the road trip, or do you want a SUV? Every E83/E46 is at least a $7.5k-10k car, it just depends on when you're going to pay it.

If it's only for the road trip, rent a 4runner or Jeep, or throw a LSD in the ZHP and get winter tires IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaplian View Post
    x2. Take the $2500 and get a LSD in the rear and winter tires, and the ZHP will be unstoppable. I drove a lowered E46 325i with winter tires and an open differential for 6 years through Chicago winters, including driving through 12" of snow multiple times. Drove it to northern WI by the UP during a Thanksgiving blizzard. Drove by plenty of trucks/SUVs in the ditches without a problem.
    I'm always wary of buying new cars and taking them on long road trips without going through them completely. Is this really about the road trip, or do you want a SUV? Every E83/E46 is at least a $7.5k-10k car, it just depends on when you're going to pay it.

If it's only for the road trip, rent a 4runner or Jeep, or throw a LSD in the ZHP and get winter tires IMO.
    Honestly, I really don’t want to take the zhp, even if I am confident it will do ok in the snow. It’s my baby, don’t want to get it into an accident or have something happen to it while I’m over there.
    In all honestly, I do really want an SUV, and need to be able to transport a lot of things with me to Indiana, as I will be living there for 1-2 years.
    That’s why I wanted your opinions. If it’s a risky buy that may just give me problems while I’m in school, I will just go with an older rav4 or cr-v and not worry too much about it.
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

I just spoke to the owner. She was very knowledgeable on the car and has all the records. Is definitely willing to take less than $2500. When I mentioned “the main issue with this chassis”, she immediately said “the transfer case?” Lol... seems like it’s common knowledge. She said it has not given her any problems, but that it also has never been serviced. She says the lower radiator hose is leaking, but no other leaks and the engine has never overheated. I think I’m gonna go take a look at it tomorrow, drive it and peruse the maintenance records....

It’s insanely rare to find somebody that knowledgeable about their car. I’d buy it based on that.

I’m not knowledgeable of transfer case problems, though.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

I'd go the Honda or Toyota route, but I'm boring like that.

Honestly, I really don’t want to take the zhp, even if I am confident it will do ok in the snow. It’s my baby, don’t want to get it into an accident or have something happen to it while I’m over there.
    In all honestly, I do really want an SUV, and need to be able to transport a lot of things with me to Indiana, as I will be living there for 1-2 years.
    That’s why I wanted your opinions. If it’s a risky buy that may just give me problems while I’m in school, I will just go with an older rav4 or cr-v and not worry too much about it.
    Sounds like you want an AWD E46 touring!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    It’s insanely rare to find somebody that knowledgeable about their car. I’d buy it based on that.

I’m not knowledgeable of transfer case problems, though.
    That was my reaction too. For $2500 I'd expect a shitpile owned by someone that filled it with 87octane and ran it into the ground.

Haha actually yeah a e46 or e39 touring would be a logical choice. I’ll take a look and see if anything pops up.
    Like I said, I can get this thing for less than 2500 easily. Maybe replace the actuator in the transfer case, put in new oil and call it good... I was really surprised that this woman apparently did a lot of the work herself on this car. Also it been in her family since 2011, so I’m gonna take a look!

Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.

Haha actually yeah a e46 or e39 touring would be a logical choice.
    I have an E39 touring for sale.............

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    I have an E39 touring for sale.............

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    That’s tempting. But it’s Connecticut...

I’ve lived in Indiana for 3 years, just south of Indy. Depending on where you will be staying, you might not need awd/winter tires at all. The place where I stayed for maybe got 3-4 days of snow and if you can find alternate transportation for those days, you won’t need another car. Also I’ve driven the zhp on snow with continental dws 06 tires once or twice and it’s manageable as long as you don’t drive in snow deeper than 2-3”. If the place where you’re going to has similar weather to where I lived, something like dws 06 tires are much better than winter tires.

Also I drove all the way from MI to Utah through the Colorado Rockies last December and didn’t see flake of snow. But on the way back had to drive through a snow storm and -20F temps. So if you time your journey right, you can easily do it in your zhp.

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Page 706 of 823 FirstFirst ... 206606656696704705706707708716756806 ... LastLast