Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 633 of 823 FirstFirst ... 133533583623631632633634635643683733 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 8230
    I have a rattle of sorts coming from the passenger door or possibly the B pillar. It kind of sounds like a ping pong ball bouncing around. It intensifies based on the size of the bump, and reverberates until it dies down. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    I have a rattle of sorts coming from the passenger door or possibly the B pillar. It kind of sounds like a ping pong ball bouncing around. It intensifies based on the size of the bump, and reverberates until it dies down. Any ideas?
    Could be the seatbelt bearing, any issues pulling it in and out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeNick View Post
    Could be the seatbelt bearing, any issues pulling it in and out?
    I checked the seatbelt. Everything seems fine. I'm pretty sure it's in the passenger door, and it rattles with the window up or down. Best option is probably to take the door trim off and take a look inside. Too bad it's a bit cold here.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    I checked the seatbelt. Everything seems fine. I'm pretty sure it's in the passenger door, and it rattles with the window up or down. Best option is probably to take the door trim off and take a look inside. Too bad it's a bit cold here.
    That sounds like the best bet, somethings probably just loose, hopefully it warms up soon enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m doing a zkw kit from The Retrofit Source. They include nearly 0 instructions.

Anybody know what all these extra rings are for? I purchased the optional bulb holder, so I’m assuming they’re not needed, but who knows.

And the retrofit source’s cust support is shit.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post
    I’m doing a zkw kit from The Retrofit Source. They include nearly 0 instructions.

Anybody know what all these extra rings are for? I purchased the optional bulb holder, so I’m assuming they’re not needed, but who knows.

The customer support used to be incredible back when it was just “Matt @ TRS” running the show out of his garage. As with most small companies, they completely lost that with growth.

Do you have pics of what you have? Is it just the ZKW clear lenses or total projector overhaul?
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by stephenkirsh View Post

The picture didn’t post in the first one. Oops.

Name:  IMG_3936.JPG
Views: 229
Size:  638.5 KB

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Hey everyone. I really need help with this. Straight up, I've self taught myself everything I know about cars. I've only had auto's. I have a ZHP 6spd transmission and am thinking of doing the detent pins. Is there any DIY for this? The transmission was properly expensive and frankly so are these detent pins if I'm looking at the right things.

This is the diagram I've been referring to: https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=23_1054
    Essentially thinking about grabbing everything on that page except the caps.

My transmission has 77k miles on it. Is this perhaps something to put off for a few years? Or is this like, probably so necessary that I should just do it now? I'm not afraid to drop the transmission another time in a few years, but I am currently scared of messing up the transmission by doing this job. Any advice on if I should do it, only certain ones/certain gears, and a DIY would be greatly appreciated.

What about the detent pins, exactly?
    You shouldn't have to do anything with the transmission's detent pins. Are they defective?
    I've never heard of issues with anything other than the clutch, flywheel, and throwout bearing. If you're referring to preventative maintenance, then I guess my answer would be "there's no need" for replacing those.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

detent pins are usually an issue on the 5spd zf gearboxes iirc

His - 2004 Imola Red / Alcantara 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Her's - 2005 Black Sapphire Metallic / Black Leather 330i | 6MT | ZHP |

Page 633 of 823 FirstFirst ... 133533583623631632633634635643683733 ... LastLast