Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 498 of 823 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500508548598 ... LastLast
Results 4,971 to 4,980 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by L0veZHP View Post
    Good explanation guys. I currently have Bridgestone summer tires. I guess I’ll be picking up the Bridgestone winter tires as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    At one point I had only Bridgestone tires... lol

S-04's for the summer daily set, RE-11's for the track, and LM-25's for the winter.
    My next set (probably ordering tomorrow) are practically Bridgestone RE003's... I'll be ordering the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 to replace my summer tires. If I didn't have to make the trip to Ohio next week, I wouldn't be ordering summer tires yet, but... do what you gotta do.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Thoughts on matte vs gloss black for the trim? I don’t think I’ve seen an e46 with gloss black trim before, but maybe everyone’s missing out?

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    Thoughts on matte vs gloss black for the trim? I don’t think I’ve seen an e46 with gloss black trim before, but maybe everyone’s missing out?

Matte. Gloss would chip too easily and look a lot worse when it does chip.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

I don't recommend skimping on tires, but I "skimped" on winter tires. I have the General Altmax Arctic tires. The reviews were positive especially for the price. Going back, I would get the 225s over the 205 width tires. Last winter, we only had a few snow days. But I also read that the pros and cons of going narrower in the winter aren't that clear cut...except pricing.

That said Continental Wintercontact tires seem to rank pretty well and are cheaper than WS-80s. It's worth it to poke around reading reviews. Some of them might be on European sites as they seem to be a bit more serious about winter tires.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    Matte. Gloss would chip too easily and look a lot worse when it does chip.
    Ah I forgot about the chipping, I probably won’t even have to paint the trim pieces(though I probably should and will) because it’s matte black underneath the paint right now. Just strip it and sand it down

2004 BMW 330i TiAg ZHP/// 6MT(purchased from forum 6/06/16);
    KONI Yellows | Akebono Brake Pads | ECIS cold air intake system;
    Hotchkis Sport sway bar | ECS Tuning Carbon Fiber front strut brace
    Vibrant Performance Muffler | Coby Wheel Tri-Stitch steering wheel & shift boot
    Michelin PSS | Blizzak WS-80

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    At one point I had only Bridgestone tires... lol

S-04's for the summer daily set, RE-11's for the track, and LM-25's for the winter.
    My next set (probably ordering tomorrow) are practically Bridgestone RE003's... I'll be ordering the Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 to replace my summer tires. If I didn't have to make the trip to Ohio next week, I wouldn't be ordering summer tires yet, but... do what you gotta do.
    Heard good things about Firestone Indy 500 tires. Will probably be my next set of tires as well

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    Heard good things about Firestone Indy 500 tires. Will probably be my next set of tires as well

I like the tread pattern. Though I don't think it's as good in the wet as the best performers.

Quote Originally Posted by holyc0w View Post
    I like the tread pattern. Though I don't think it's as good in the wet as the best performers.
    I have Michelin PSS now and they are really bad in the rain. Drive over any standing water and there is just no grip. The dws 06 I had earlier were just awesome. I know they are completely different types of tires for different purposes but the difference is quite surprising.

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

yeah, i'm thinking about these for the X3 next spring, too. they actually come in the size i am looking for (235/55/18 or 245/50/19... depending on what wheels i run), and the price is good.

I have Michelin PSS now and they are really bad in the rain. Drive over any standing water and there is just no grip. The dws 06 I had earlier were just awesome. I know they are completely different types of tires for different purposes but the difference is quite surprising.
    that's weird. i find PSS amazing in the rain. i couldn't stand driving on DWS... i drove a ZHP with them (stock 18" sizes) and they were so squirmy.
    peter

2004 330i ZHP
    2005 330iT ZHP
    2010 328iT M Sport

What batteries does everyone use in their cars nowadays? I replaced my OE BMW Battery 5+ years ago with a Duralast 49-DL. Is this still the go to battery? Is there something better to go with now?

Car is rough starting this past week and with the drop in temperature this morning it barely started. Without checking (I don't have a multimeter) I'm guessing its the old battery, and if it isn't the battery it needs to be replaced anyway.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Page 498 of 823 FirstFirst ... 398448488496497498499500508548598 ... LastLast