Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 556 of 823 FirstFirst ... 56456506546554555556557558566606656 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,560 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog84 View Post
    Sometimes, i get the itch for a different look, but feel like i’m just trying to justify it in the end...

but, is there any much point in upgrading from a stock, good condition style 135 wheelset to something aftermarket (vmr, etc) besides looks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Apex Arc 8's in 245/40/17 oh my god boy howdy shuckem up

The weight savings were huge. Stock ZHP style 135's look great. I think they define the ZHP in the most obvious way and when they are clean and fresh its extremely "Ultimate Klass" looking.

With that being said, ditching the 135's for Arc 8's was the best decision I ever made. Square setup is ez mode for handling and getting even wear. The weight savings per wheel was insane and you really, really, notice a difference when accelerating. The car just feels so much more nimble and agile. Its like having a 300lbs person in the passenger seat vs just you in the car. Nothing has really changed as far as power, torque or stiffness of the suspension, but the weight distribution is huge. Not to mention wheel weight plays a bigger role in how the car handles than extra weight you might have in the trunk.

You can't go wrong with either choice, but as far as enjoyment out of a set of wheels I absolutely love my Apex wheels and will be getting another set.
    2005 Jet Black 6MT ZHP "Family First"
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    The PO of my 05 ZHP vert apparently hit a parking lot curb and badly gouged the right underside of the M-Tech bumper. It also broke the splash guard/fender liner (which I replaced) and broke off the splash guard attachment point on the bumper. Car still looks great since none of this shows visibly from the front, but it's under there, so it's on my list of parts I'll eventually want to change. Any recommendations for best sources?

In researching the cost of replacement bumpers (51117893060 $560 at Turner), I found an interesting image on RealOEM for the bumper. It shows that my damaged piece as a removable part (item 16)? Am I seeing this wrong? I'm not seeing that on other sites. Was there a time when this came as a replaceable part? RealOEM doesn't list a part number for item 16, just shows it separately from the bumper (item 1).
    Thats funny, my PO did the same thing, except he claims that the front two tires were slashed, and the front side ended up falling onto the curb it was above (which i find suspect, because these cars are too low to go over any curb lol). Anyway, one of the splash guards was so broken it actually fell off on the trip home from San Francisco. Ended up replacing both splash guards, only to find that there are attachment clips that don't seem to go anywhere. Turns out the attachment points on the bumper broke off as well. Now the splash guards kinda wobble back and forth. Not too bad though. I don't see myself replacing the bumper unless something bad happens. I say just leave it if everything is more or less stable and no one can see it!
    ~ 2005 330ci ZHP Silbergrau | Black cube | Leather ~
    Current Mods: Akebono brake pads, Bilstein B4 Rear Shocks, Beisan Systems VANOS Rebuild, G.A.S. DISA O-ring, Morimoto fog lights, StopTech SS brake lines, Subwoofer tennis ball mod, Switchback Angel Eyes (turn signal), Zimmermann drilled rotors.
    My project thread ---> http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...into-a-reality

[QUOTE=pedro2u;557401]The PO of my 05 ZHP vert apparently hit a parking lot curb and badly gouged the right underside of the M-Tech bumper. It also broke the splash guard/fender liner (which I replaced) and broke off the splash guard attachment point on the bumper. Car still looks great since none of this shows visibly from the front, but it's under there, so it's on my list of parts I'll eventually want to change. Any recommendations for best sources?

I have looked at www.khoalty.com for M-Tech bumpers
    great prices just not sure about fitment and quality.
    anyone have any experiance with them??

YELKOS - Lake Norman, NC
    2006 330Ci ZHP, ZPP Vert. 6MT Mystic Blue / Grey Montana leather
    purchased 8/23/17 w/ 92,000

Current Stable

2014 Audi A6 Premium Plus (wife's ride)
    2005 Ford F-150 Lariat 4X4 (Daily Driver)
    2006 Acura MDX Touring (Daughter's college car)
    Deceased (Sold)
    2006 Audi A6
    1999 328I 5MT
    1998 528I AT

Thanks ZHPizza. I guess the term I needed for searching was "splitter" ECS stills sells them, but now my ebay searches with "spliiter" are finding lots of images of them and they look like $@%& to me. Plus it appears they would just hide the part that I really need to replace anyway.

Yelkos - thanks for the Khoalty tip. Much cheaper, but I'd anyone with experience/feedback on fitment/quality?
    Pete

papa_g - this is at the bottom of the list of items I'd do anyway. I bought the car in October and it almost immediately went into storage. So I might have put 500 miles at most on. So your approach seems to be the best. Drive it for a while this spring and see how many things I hit before I take the plunge and replace it!

NH winter is almost over........... So it will be coming out of the darkness in the next 2-3 weeks. Can't wait
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post

You can't go wrong with either choice, but as far as enjoyment out of a set of wheels I absolutely love my Apex wheels and will be getting another set.
    Curious, in your experience, if since the Apex wheelset would be lighter, if the “crashiness” of the ride feel over uneven surfaces and bumps would increase, in comparison to the 135’s?

That’s one of my main hangups with upgrading... i’m still running stock suspension, fwiw.

Apex’s might be worth looking into down the road... but i also appreciate keeping the ZHP as close to “stock” looking as possible.

I've read tons of posts complaining about Khoalty's customer service and the fitment. I've also read many that say they are just fine. But given that it's not overwhelmingly positive, I would personally not buy from them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Randeaux/Rando/John/jr - '06 Cic ZHP; Southern California
    "ZHP or not, I still like you"

ZHP Performance Package, Cold Weather Package, Leather, Jet Black/Black/BlackCube, NAV, Anthracite Black "my individual" interior trim
    ESS Stage 1 Twin Screw Supercharger, Sprint Booster, BMW Perf Intake, Magnaflow Exhaust, Dinan TB & STEP S/W, UCC Sway Bars, Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET38
    Suspension: AST 44100 dampers, Bimmerworld front adjustable end links, Swift springs (8K front, 10K rear), Vorshlag camber plates
    Dynavin D99+, Hardwire V1 (w/V1 Connection), BSW Stage 1 Speakers, Kicker Amp/Subwoofer
    BMW Performance Strut Brace, Orion V2 Angel Eyes, No-holes License Plate, SMG Paddle Shift Mod, Besian VANOS, Gold DISA, Fan Delete, M3 Side Mirrors
    Note: Actual car no longer resembles signature picture

[QUOTE=Yelkos;557415]
    Quote Originally Posted by pedro2u View Post
    The PO of my 05 ZHP vert apparently hit a parking lot curb and badly gouged the right underside of the M-Tech bumper. It also broke the splash guard/fender liner (which I replaced) and broke off the splash guard attachment point on the bumper. Car still looks great since none of this shows visibly from the front, but it's under there, so it's on my list of parts I'll eventually want to change. Any recommendations for best sources?

I have looked at www.khoalty.com for M-Tech bumpers
    great prices just not sure about fitment and quality.
    anyone have any experiance with them??

Quote Originally Posted by johnrando View Post
    I've read tons of posts complaining about Khoalty's customer service and the fitment. I've also read many that say they are just fine. But given that it's not overwhelmingly positive, I would personally not buy from them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I have a Khoalty Mtech II front bumper. I doubt anyone that has seen my car would be able to tell. Fitment is spot on and its identical to the original, just get it painted and its worth the price.
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Sheepdog84 View Post
    Curious, in your experience, if since the Apex wheelset would be lighter, if the “crashiness” of the ride feel over uneven surfaces and bumps would increase, in comparison to the 135’s?

That’s one of my main hangups with upgrading... i’m still running stock suspension, fwiw.

Apex’s might be worth looking into down the road... but i also appreciate keeping the ZHP as close to “stock” looking as possible.

I don't know what you mean by "crashiness"? As in tramlining? Like the car wants to follow the curvature of the road and require more hands on the wheel to hold it in line? Yeah this happens, but only because I increased the width of my front tires from stock 225 to 245 up front. More grip in the front means more tramlining.

Does it bother me? No, not in the slightest. I can't say I have ever noticed it outside of the first week of driving when I was super in tune with the differences from a stock setup. I did go with 17's instead of stock 18's, so the ride is slightly softer when hitting bumps which I actually appreciate a lot when driving in the city.
    ~Rob~

Quote Originally Posted by Newjack View Post
    I don't know what you mean by "crashiness"?

Ahh my apologies. I mean, how bad are repercussions you receive while driving... as in, if you hit a big bump/pothole, how much feedback do you receive in the driver’s seat... Worse, or better?

Page 556 of 823 FirstFirst ... 56456506546554555556557558566606656 ... LastLast