Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 741 of 823 FirstFirst ... 241641691731739740741742743751791 ... LastLast
Results 7,401 to 7,410 of 8230
    Hey guys, random question...

Does anyone know if I could run BCRacing Coils with M3 spring rates, while having Hotchkis Swaybars for a Non-M?

I’ve been eyeing a full suspension overhaul for a long time and I’m ready to take the plunge, I feel like BC’s will be more than enough for a weekend warrior like me, But I managed to inherit a set of Hotchkis Non-M sways that I’d very much like to use. The M3 spring rates sound attractive, but I’m not sure if the 2 are compatible.

If they weren’t, I’d pull the trigger on BC’s with Non-M spring rates or maybe upgrade to Swift Springs. Just want to know what I’m signing up for, any input is appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post

Does anyone know if I could run BCRacing Coils with M3 spring rates, while having Hotchkis Swaybars for a Non-M?

I’ve been eyeing a full suspension overhaul for a long time and I’m ready to take the plunge, I feel like BC’s will be more than enough for a weekend warrior like me, But I managed to inherit a set of Hotchkis Non-M sways that I’d very much like to use. The M3 spring rates sound attractive, but I’m not sure if the 2 are compatible.

If they weren’t, I’d pull the trigger on BC’s with Non-M spring rates or maybe upgrade to Swift Springs. Just want to know what I’m signing up for, any input is appreciated.

What are the M3’s F/R spring rates?
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by 704sw View Post
    Found this info on TMS.com,
    8K fronts & 12K rears

155 fr / 380 rr, according to FCM flatride spreadsheet (link)

Quote Originally Posted by ZHP_Brandon View Post

I'd probably run less spring rate with a beefier sway bar. You could still buy it, and just swap the spring rates later.

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    I'd probably run less spring rate with a beefier sway bar. You could still buy it, and just swap the spring rates later.
    8k/12k isn’t very much, is it? Isn’t that like 450/675 in lb/ft?
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
    Mm. I have hotchkis for Non-M’s that aren’t installed on my stock suspension. I was really just hoping to know if it’s possible to run the Non-M hotchkis with “M3 suspension”. You think the spring rates provided by BC are too harsh or too soft? Maybe I’m better off getting custom Swift Springs?

8k/12k isn’t very much, is it? Isn’t that like 450/675 in lb/ft?
    I honestly know so little about this... which is sad considering I should know a lot more but suspension is a foreign land to me. I’m hoping to learn more in my suspension overhaul attempt at the end of the summer

Is it worth getting the golden DISA? Mine committed seppuku today. I inspected it last year and it was in good shape (replaced by previous owner). I attempted to rebuild it anyway, but it turns out the rebuild kit doesn't fit on OEM. I could get a genuine one and rebuild it with the kit but at that point I might as well buy the golden one. Or would you guys say it's better to save the money and just get another OEM unit for the next 75k?
    330i Base | Mysticblau | Slicktop | 6MT

Space saver rear tires: mine's original and my sister's new (to her) needs replacement as well. What replacement tire do you y'all have?

Page 741 of 823 FirstFirst ... 241641691731739740741742743751791 ... LastLast