Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 646 of 823 FirstFirst ... 146546596636644645646647648656696746 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 8230
    The ZHP wasn't requiring frequent enough maintenance, huh?
    -Corey

2003 Blue ZHP Sedan @ 210k
    Dead due to damaged valve. Parts are being transferred to a wagon:

2003 325iT Japanrot 6MT @ 230k

Quote Originally Posted by DeathTrap View Post
    The ZHP wasn't requiring frequent enough maintenance, huh?
    Pretty much

I drove Peterman's 335i Mtech a few months back and haven't stopped thinking about the low end torque on that N54 and how solid & modern the car felt. The best description I've seen is that the torque on the N54 and N55 comes on so early that it feels like a naturally aspirated V8.

I want

The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Not an e46/ZHP question so I'm totes breaking the rules here, but it is a random ass question.

I'm going to look at a 2013 335is this weekend (because I hate myself) and the girl at the dealership grabbed a few pics before they washed it. This stuff was written on the rear quarter glass. Anyone know BMW dealership processing secrets enough to know what it means (@Sockethead)? It's an N54 engine, so I assume there's something about wastegate rattle in there...

Attachment 34690
    Wife said it looks like the bottom right column might be what they have into the car. They usually fix what ever is broken before selling it.
    Every dealer is different though could mean something entirely different.
    Is it a BMW dealership?
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Wife said it looks like the bottom right column might be what they have into the car. They usually fix what ever is broken before selling it.
    Every dealer is different though could mean something entirely different.
    Is it a BMW dealership?
    Good call. It had some little "w" looking marks on different areas of the car too - maybe spots they wanted to hit with touch up or pdr?

It's at Century BMW over in Greenville SC

Ok get them to do a key read for the service records.
    It should at least show the service done over the life of the factory warranty. If the car was serviced there after that, it will have that additional service record
    Dinan CAI &Throttle body, ESS Tuning TS2, Bimmerbrakes gen3 headers, UUC SSK & DSSR. Achilles oil pump, VAC oil pan baffle
    M3 Motor mounts, UUC Trans mounts, Modified clutch style LSD 3.15, TMS front subframe reinforcement, Koni Yellow sports,
    H&R sport springs,
    UUC sway bars, BMW Perf. Rotors, UUC SS brake lines, Hawk HPS pads, CSL replica wheels,
    Rotora strut bar, FXR HID conversion, M3 Mirror conversion, BSW stage 1 speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Sockethead View Post
    Ok get them to do a key read for the service records.
    It should at least show the service done over the life of the factory warranty. If the car was serviced there after that, it will have that additional service record
    Noice thanks brother

BTW, don't let anyone scare you away from the N54. It's an amazing engine, I'd rather have an N54 than an N55
    H&R sport springs,

So I get this sound when I pressed the AC button (which I guess turns on the compressor?) its like a creaky, cyclical type sound that is only present when the AC button is pressed. This video is exactly what i'm experiencing.

https://youtu.be/nPqA7dLhaVo

Lots of posts on e46F suggest the blower motor assembly, which to me doesn't make sense if the noise disappears when the AC button is off. Another post suggested low refrigerant but my AC is still cold. Someone else suggested the AC expansion valve (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-rein-par...503452759~ren/).

What do you all in the mafia think?

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Quote Originally Posted by JPMo View Post
    So I get this sound when I pressed the AC button (which I guess turns on the compressor?) its like a creaky, cyclical type sound that is only present when the AC button is pressed. This video is exactly what i'm experiencing.

https://youtu.be/nPqA7dLhaVo

Lots of posts on e46F suggest the blower motor assembly, which to me doesn't make sense if the noise disappears when the AC button is off. Another post suggested low refrigerant but my AC is still cold. Someone else suggested the AC expansion valve (https://www.ecstuning.com/b-rein-par...503452759~ren/).

What do you all in the mafia think?
    Set it on hella cold and see if there is a difference between the temp of the left and right center vents. If not, then compare the driver and passenger side vents nearest the windows. When the refrigerant gets low, the passenger side vent stops cooling first and then it spreads to the passenger side of the center vent, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by ZHPizza View Post
    Set it on hella cold and see if there is a difference between the temp of the left and right center vents. If not, then compare the driver and passenger side vents nearest the windows. When the refrigerant gets low, the passenger side vent stops cooling first and then it spreads to the passenger side of the center vent, and so on.
    Interesting, I'll definitely try that. Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

2004 Titansilber Metallic BMW 330i ZHP

Page 646 of 823 FirstFirst ... 146546596636644645646647648656696746 ... LastLast