Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 787 of 823 FirstFirst ... 287687737777785786787788789797 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,870 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by san View Post
    When do folks replace the hard coolant lines under the intake manifold? Im at 205k miles and haven’t done it yet.
    Same question about the control arms as well.
    I'd say you're on borrowed time with the coolant lines. I haven't had failure, but replaced them "while in there" at 125k.
    Control arm bushings can be shot at 60k. Ball joint life span can depend on how it's driven.
    Last edited by John in VA; 09-14-2021 at 10:33 AM.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    I'd say you're on borrowed time with the coolant lines. I haven't had failure, but replaced them "while in there" at 125k.
    Control arm bushings can be shot at 60k. Ball joint line span can depend on how it's driven.
    Any “while I’m in there” components i can replace when I replace the coolant line?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Any “while I’m in there” components i can replace when I replace the coolant line?
    Since/if the intake manifold is coming off, the sky's the limit! Much of the stuff on my car was original/16 years old, so I started at the radiator & worked back to the firewall to include all heater hoses - water pump, tensioners, belts, fan blade, expansion tank, coolant hoses, intake gaskets, valve cover gasket, sparkplugs, oil filter housing gasket, power steering reservoir & hoses, CCV parts. Probably forgot something!
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

I replaced it at 80k. There were some broken plastic bits on the inside. I only did it cause SC will be a bitch to take off later.

• I did the dip stick o-rings (got viton for the bottom one)
    • since you're taking off the manifold, you'll need the intake gaskets.
    • The starter. People say it's easier with the transmission out, but I think it's easier with the intake manifold out.
    • I also replaced the lower hose that connects to one of the coolant hard lines
    • That stupid fuel vent hose that connects to the side of the intake manifold, I replaced that with a way longer one lol
    • Since you're taking off like all the intake stuff, clean TB, TB gasket, clean/replace ICV, ICV gasket, DISA/gold DISA, new intake hoses/air filter
    • CCV and all the hoses connected to it
    • clean the fuel injectors (didn't do this cause my injectors will be replaced)

while you're in there is dangerous lol I replaced some other things along the way. But it wasn't related to being under the manifold. But it was just easier since it wasn't in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Since/if the intake manifold is coming off, the sky's the limit! Much of the stuff on my car was original/16 years old, so I started at the radiator & worked back to the firewall to include all heater hoses - water pump, tensioners, belts, fan blade, expansion tank, coolant hoses, intake gaskets, valve cover gasket, sparkplugs, oil filter housing gasket, power steering reservoir & hoses, CCV parts. Probably forgot something!
    I’ve replaced everything from your list except for intake manifold gasket. So I will add that. Isn’t there a coolant temp sensor somewhere on the engine block which is accessible only when the intake manifold is removed?

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Is it just me or do the fog light trims come off really easy? I just noticed the right side on mine is just... gone. And pulling off the other side took next to no effort:

Grrrrr I have to see at finding a used one. Or see if there is an aftermarket one for cheap

Edit: huuuuuh turns out new is only like $20. I thought it would cost an arm and a leg

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
    2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

I’ve replaced everything from your list except for intake manifold gasket. So I will add that. Isn’t there a coolant temp sensor somewhere on the engine block which is accessible only when the intake manifold is removed?

I think 13-62-1-433-076.

Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I think 13-62-1-433-076.
    Thanks Will!

Anyone know what this clip is? Found it to the right of the throttle pedal while vacuuming.

2004 BMW 330CI ZHP (well, technically ZAM)

Quote Originally Posted by t.er View Post
    Anyone know what this clip is? Found it to the right of the throttle pedal while vacuuming.

I personally swapped my dash and carpets from grey to black. There is nothing back there that uses that. It probably got stuck to your shoe and you pulled it into the car

Page 787 of 823 FirstFirst ... 287687737777785786787788789797 ... LastLast