Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 478 of 823 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488528578 ... LastLast
Results 4,771 to 4,780 of 8230
    Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    Does anyone else's ZHP run cold? Since I've gotten it it has never gone past half way into hot, and sits at 1/4 way into cold
    My brothers sits at halfway the whole time.
    Even when I was really pushing her as much as I ever had down backcountry roads(hard pulls and constant downshifting, doing 80 in 3rd, you get what I'm saying, driving gloves were brought out) it never passed that middle.
    I suppose it's a good thing? Only difference between our cars is I have a cone air intake while his is stock, but I've heard negative things about cone filters(drawing in hot air from engine).
    Penny for your thought?
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCurves View Post
    Has your cooling system been refreshed? Sounds like a failing thermostat, they are designed to fail open. Also, when pushing my car hard, the water temp usually drops a few degrees as the cooling system does its job.
    This: I'd say something is definitely off.

In addition to the above, I'll simply ask if your other 3 needles are accurate? For example, when I took my cluster apart to swap to US gauge faces, I didn't get all 4 needles back on perfectly. My speedo is ~3mph off, and my temperature gauge sits at 12:30, instead of 12:00. It annoys the eff out of me, but taking that thing out/apart again isn't something I'm dying to do.
    Emma - 2005 BMW 330ci ZHP 6MT Estorilblau Individual

Sportline 8s 18x8.5F - 18x9.5R | APEX ARC-8 18x8.5 Square | aFe Intake | 135i Brembo F/R Calipers | 26mm Front/20mm Rear Sway Bars | Z4 Mirror
    M3 Dead Pedal | Lexus ES300 Yellow Fog Light Retrofit | Koni Yellows/H&R Springs | Llumar CTX 40% | Coby Tri-Stitch Wheel & Boots

Awaiting Install: M3 Wing Mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by Dual View Post
    Wondering how people feel about the use of fuel system cleaners like Techron on a regular basis. I've been doing it out of habit. Good/bad?
    Top-tier gasoline has cleaners/additives in it. That said, BMW has approved Techron, so it shouldn't hurt anything, as stated earlier.
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

--Wes--

04 330i ZHP Oxford Green/Natural Brown
    04 330Ci ZHP Silvergrey/Alcantara (RIP)

Quote Originally Posted by John in VA View Post
    Top-tier gasoline has cleaners/additives in it. That said, BMW has approved Techron, so it shouldn't hurt anything, as stated earlier.
    Thanks, guys.
    2006 6MT Coupe, Alpine White • Premium, Cold Weather and Xenon packages
    MFactory 3.38 LSD • 27mm M3 bar • ECS strut brace • Koni FSD's

Other tweaks: see my profile

Quote Originally Posted by Prestovie View Post
    Does anyone else's ZHP run cold? Since I've gotten it it has never gone past half way into hot, and sits at 1/4 way into cold
    My brothers sits at halfway the whole time.
    Even when I was really pushing her as much as I ever had down backcountry roads(hard pulls and constant downshifting, doing 80 in 3rd, you get what I'm saying, driving gloves were brought out) it never passed that middle.
    I suppose it's a good thing? Only difference between our cars is I have a cone air intake while his is stock, but I've heard negative things about cone filters(drawing in hot air from engine).
    Penny for your thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My temp gauge needle did the same thing. You need to adjust the position of the needle to the right. You'll have to remove and disassemble the cluster and adjust the needle with your hands. It's an easy job shouldn't take more than 20 minutes or so.

Watch the video on this page:

https://bimmian.com/Accessories-for-...le-Gauge-Face/
    --Wes--

The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

Prestovie, the E46, unmodified and in good condition, should run with the temp needle always at the top, roughly 11:55, on the clock.

Your t-stat has failed and is stuck open, so the coolant never gets up to full temps.

This is exactly what happened on my car.

I'm pretty sure a dealership "inspection" won't pick this up.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

+1 on thermostat, my car did the same thing. Idling was the only way to get the temp up further

I should've prefaced my post by saying that if the thermostat is OK then my description applies. Obviously the thermostat is the most likely culprit and should be the first thing to look at
    --Wes--

You can just verify the actual coolant temp by utilizing the built-in cluster functions for coolant temp readout.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Quote Originally Posted by az3579 View Post
    You can just verify the actual coolant temp by utilizing the built-in cluster functions for coolant temp readout.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    Correct. It should run around 93-95 Celsius, but i think it's a bit diff between autos and manuals.

His: 05 330 ZHP Imola Red - 07 Z4 M Coupe Imola Red
    Hers: 04 330i ZSP
    2004 325 M56 Steel Blue Metallic - Sold
    Stephen's DD & AutoX/HPDE Build Thread
    Stewart WP - Z4M LCAB - M3 trans/motor mounts - DICE MediageBridge Duo - ARC-8 17x8.5"
    DrVANOS - Mason Engineering Race Strut Bar - E30 Exp. Cap - Custom Black+Beige Interior - M3 Seats
    Bilstein PSS10 - Turner Sway Bars 27/21 - ECST RTAB Limiters - R.E. RSM

Page 478 of 823 FirstFirst ... 378428468476477478479480488528578 ... LastLast