Materials to Maintain Your ZHP IIIII Hand Protection IIIII Tools to Maintain Your ZHP
Page 799 of 823 FirstFirst ... 299699749789797798799800801809 ... LastLast
Results 7,981 to 7,990 of 8230
    That’s what’s I thought. Definitely staying in tune to see how this develops

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    That’s what’s I thought. Definitely staying in tune to see how this develops
    *Big Ole Edit*

Soooo.... That's the sucking jet pump. Figured it out after getting home and flipping through my manuals. The fuel pump is under the cover on the right (US Passenger Side) of the car.

Best part? I've replaced both of these parts in E46s before. I knew this....

Don't attempt roadside repairs on no sleep and over stressed. It makes you forget basic things and post silly questions.

Sent from my LG Wing and a prayer using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fenrir; 04-20-2022 at 10:09 PM.

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    *Big Ole Edit*

Soooo.... That's the sucking jet pump. Figured it out after getting home and flipping through my manuals. The fuel pump is under the cover on the right (US Passenger Side) of the car.

Best part? I've replaced both of these parts in E46s before. I knew this....
    So you were looking at the wrong pump?? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
    Don't attempt roadside repairs on no sleep and over stressed. It makes you forget basic things and post silly questions.
    I know this quite well. As I said in another thread, I ended up getting a failed alternator, clutch starting my car 6 times, getting one jump, "sleeping" and sourced/replaced an alternator all in under 10 hours all while 400 miles from home. I had trouble putting the cooling fan in, but figured it was because I was tired and stressed. So I'm beating the hell out of my car, as I do, to make sure the alternator works.

Then I head head back. While sitting at the light talking about BMW's with a friend, I glance down and see my car is overheating. I immediately turn off the car and inconvenience everyone in this busy LA intersection because I sure as sh*t am not warping my engine this far from home. A few guys from the local gas station helped me push it off this busy street. We get into a less busy street with two turning left turning lanes. Traffic doesn't seem saturated and I tell them f*ck it, leave it here. I pop the hood flabbergasted that my car is overheating after replacing something so trivial, and my 3 hours of sleep is not letting me grasp the idea that my car holds temp fine when driving, but only overheated at a long red light with the AC on. I spent about 10 minutes looking for leaks and answering bypasser questions about why a BMW has broken down, when I finally see that my fan is not plugged in. The reason the fan was difficult to put in was because the plugs are between the fan and the radiator.

I tried to pull the shroud enough to get the plug out, but I couldn't. Thankfully, the pains of working on my car on vacation made my fear of another breakdown so strong, that I still had all the tools in my backseat. Of course, it took me another 20 minutes to realize this thanks to the sleep. I loosened the T20, plugged in the fan (which immediately went to work), and saw my coolant gauge right where I love her when I sat back down.

Moral of the story? Yes, dear god. do not attempt roadside repairs with no sleep and while stressed Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Quote Originally Posted by YoitsTmac View Post
    So you were looking at the wrong pump??

I know this quite well. As I said in another thread, I ended up getting a failed alternator, clutch starting my car 6 times, getting one jump, "sleeping" and sourced/replaced an alternator all in under 10 hours all while 400 miles from home. I had trouble putting the cooling fan in, but figured it was because I was tired and stressed. So I'm beating the hell out of my car, as I do, to make sure the alternator works.

Then I head head back. While sitting at the light talking about BMW's with a friend, I glance down and see my car is overheating. I immediately turn off the car and inconvenience everyone in this busy LA intersection because I sure as sh*t am not warping my engine this far from home. A few guys from the local gas station helped me push it off this busy street. We get into a less busy street with two turning left turning lanes. Traffic doesn't seem saturated and I tell them f*ck it, leave it here. I pop the hood flabbergasted that my car is overheating after replacing something so trivial, and my 3 hours of sleep is not letting me grasp the idea that my car holds temp fine when driving, but only overheated at a long red light with the AC on. I spent about 10 minutes looking for leaks and answering bypasser questions about why a BMW has broken down, when I finally see that my fan is not plugged in. The reason the fan was difficult to put in was because the plugs are between the fan and the radiator.

I tried to pull the shroud enough to get the plug out, but I couldn't. Thankfully, the pains of working on my car on vacation made my fear of another breakdown so strong, that I still had all the tools in my backseat. Of course, it took me another 20 minutes to realize this thanks to the sleep. I loosened the T20, plugged in the fan (which immediately went to work), and saw my coolant gauge right where I love her when I sat back down.

Moral of the story? Yes, dear god. do not attempt roadside repairs with no sleep and while stressed Thanks for coming to my ted talk.
    Yuuuuup. In my tired stupor, I forgot to look two feet to the left to see the actual fuel pump.

And WOW I'm definitely glad you caught that overheating issue early. Been there, done that, don't want another t-shirt lol.

Also, loves your Ted Talk. Liked, subscribed, & shared.

Sent from my LG Wing and a prayer using Tapatalk

AFE stage 1 CAI, Silicone Stett Intake Boots, AA Headers and Exhaust, AA Tune, Cat Delete, Hicon GT Adjustable Coilovers, Quaife Helical LSD, EVO 3 SS Kit, UUC Organic Clutch w/ UUC LW Flywheel, GTR rep carbon fiber hood, CSL rep carbon fiber trunk, CDV delete, CP Forged Pistons & SP Forged Con Rods, MotoZ projector headlights, Sony bluetooth/touch nav, & lots of love
    -Ben

The Random E46/ZHP Question Thread

I installed SLR adjustable front control arm bushings installed about a month ago, with new control arms. I noticed the alignment was awful and there seemed to be two, randomly dictated straight aways.

Edit: same day I also installed monoball trailing arm bushings

I got an alignment which improved it, but didn’t change it. I asked them to double check it with no success.

Then I changed the wheels and tires. No change.

Then I changed the steering rack and tie rods, and steering guibo/coupler, followed by another alignment.

Now I notice the wheel is straight on decel and cruising, but give it gas and it slowly pulls right. Let off the gas, straight away returns to center.

To me it really seems like the FCAB’s, but I’ve never heard anything like this. Any ideas or does it really seem like the FCAB’s? Just thought I’d like ideas before I make an angry phone call
    Last edited by YoitsTmac; 04-26-2022 at 07:59 AM.

Is the fuel pump relay a maintenance item?

Asking about this

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...n/61368373700/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2006 Coupe | Black Sapphire Metallic | Natural Brown | Gruppe M Intake | Corsa TSE3 | Michelin PSS on Apex ARC-8 | Koni Yellows |

Yes. It failed on my last car. 10/10 very annoying

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post

Asking about this

Where does this relay reside?
    2006 330ci ZHP - Silbergrau Metallic / Stoff Laser/Anthrazit / Alu Black Cube trim / Adaptive Xenon headlights / HK hi-fi system / heated front seats

I believe it’s one under the glove box

Quote Originally Posted by san View Post

Asking about this

I replaced the main relay, fuel pump relay, and the ignition switch, as all three were recommended by my former BMW tech friend who has seen a few of those fail.
    I did them at the same time at his recommendation, and it was due to a no-crank condition whenever temperatures were in the single digits. I have a feeling it was one of the relays, not sure which one though.
    BP
    2005 330i ZHP / 6MT
    Imolarot / Naturbraun
    2003 330iT / 6MT
    Orientblau / Naturbraun

It's not the car you drive, it's how you drive it.

Page 799 of 823 FirstFirst ... 299699749789797798799800801809 ... LastLast